Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I searched and didn't come up with anything for this thought. That said, I have heard that some people have bolted up the GTE exhaust to the NA for a power upgrade. So does the GTE exhaust fit directly onto the GE? Or does it have to be modded at all. And also does that mean that aftermarket exhausts will directly fit to an NA car? Thanks guys!

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
AlexSmith said:
Okay I searched and didn't come up with anything for this thought. That said, I have heard that some people have bolted up the GTE exhaust to the NA for a power upgrade. So does the GTE exhaust fit directly onto the GE? Or does it have to be modded at all. And also does that mean that aftermarket exhausts will directly fit to an NA car? Thanks guys!

Jza71 has a gte turbo exhaust on his 89 na. It does sound different. :) it is direct bolt on.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
the muffler will be out slightly because the turbo body is a bit longer then na.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Import_Eve said:
Jza71 has a gte turbo exhaust on his 89 na. It does sound different. :) it is direct bolt on.
Ok, so if I wanted to purchase the ooooo say HKS Dragger for my car, it would bolt on directly also then?

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
AlexSmith said:
Ok, so if I wanted to purchase the ooooo say HKS Dragger for my car, it would bolt on directly also then?
hks dragger muffler or the full catback system? i bought a 3" n1 catback system(cooleze) for turbo i had to reweld it abit cause it stuck out to much cause i have a NA.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
driftedmk3 said:
hks dragger muffler or the full catback system? i bought a 3" n1 catback system(cooleze) for turbo i had to reweld it abit cause it stuck out to much cause i have a NA.
Would both ways work? I mean, I thought the bends would be different coming from a system with headers and one with a Downpipe. The end product I am shooting for is aftermarket headers and a 3inch exhaust minus cats.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTZ said:
no, the na's cat is a little shorter then the turbo's. so get the turbo cat too and it will bolt up and look even better.
What about running a test pipe?

·
2JZ swapped!
878 Posts
my cousin has a turbo downpipe on his NA car

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
the STOCK catbacks are identical from NA to Turbo, same part numbers

everything before it is different since it has to hook up to a turbo or header, and the cats are different

As I've seen from being under quite a few Supras in salvage yards is that the hangers are a bit different at the cat before and after '89, other than that....nothin

·
Registered
288 Posts
The exhausts are different. I have a turbo exhaust on my NA. The previous owner welded in a new cat in between the cat back and down pipe, so I had to weld the turbo exhaust and cat on to the NA header.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts