Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 supra turbo 5spd with stock everything. the first thing i would like to do is get a new exhaust system. i was thinking HKS but i appreciate some feedback of everyone's opinion on the best exhaust for the mk3 supra. i want a deep sound that is fairly loud even when im not running it hard.
thanks,
andrew

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
chuck has a good deal on one of the HKS systems.. $375 or so new.
www.alamomotorsports.com

You may have to email for details.. but I am pretty sure its listed on the site.

Jim

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Jim McKenzie ]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you happen to remember which system it was ?
thanks,
andrew

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't remember which one it is..

Another route is to pick up a muffler and have your exhaust made. Got mine done for under 300 ..

Jim

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want loud go APEXi GT Spec, it is a bit pricey but worth it, the best HKS one is the Super Dragger.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how loud is the super dragger?
what does everyone responding have on there supras?
-Andrew

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
custom 3 inch pipe from turbo back, mandrel bent of course. One 3 inch highflow cat (just till i pass emissions :D ). And to top it all off a Blitz Nur spec universal muffler (250 bucks alone :rolleyes: ) which makes it sound pretty badass. The best in my opinion (should be even lounder without cat). I need to get some pics of it to post because it looks awesome. the piping work cost me 400 bucks but that included a cat ($123).

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the Hks super dragger and i like it alot. It is mello at idle and not loud intill you get boosting. I still have a cat but am going to get a mid pipe from www.suprasport.com. It might get louder without a cat, i have the random tech hi-flow cat. Check out that site they have a bunch of cool stuff. You can see the side view in my sig. There is a picture oin that site also. The only other one i would get is the Gt spec, or the Blitz. Good luck.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have the HKS Super Dragger. Low at idle, with a very deep growl at WOT. I'm running without the cat, and it's pretty quiet. I needed something where I do alot of driving and not give me headaches, so this worked perfect. I've ridden in cars with both the Apexi and Blitz units. The hks unit is much, much quieter than either of those two. Personally, it's got a much nicer, deeper tone as well.

Later,

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I liked my APEXi just cuz it sounded MEAN, it was load as all hell but I had no cats either.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
HKS 75MM Sport: Baffled muffler, restrictive.
HKS Dragger: Mild, reserved sound. Flows nicely.
APEXI N1: Great sound, flows nice! 2 month custome import, no longer stocked for us in the USA
APEXI GT: Have some left in the USA. World class unit. Aggressive sound. Fully polished SS! megaphones out to 95mm pipes, 110 tip. The shit.
Blitz NUR: Ditto, 7+ week custom import.
RT: Overlooked model. Straight thru, no resonator. AL or SS avail. Handsome single 4" beveled tip. low profile can, non-ricey. Good for areas where cops run yer ass down. Agressive low tone.

Stop by the catalog, see a few pics.

"It's all about the boost!" :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey jeff...what do you mean by "good for areas where cops run yer ass down"? does that mean like it isn't as noticable? if that is so that is great. also where can i find the RT?
Thanks
Andrew

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have custom exhaust with no kitties and no can:D sounds naaaaaaaaiiiiiiiicccccccceeeeeee

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought a few 3.5" mandrel bends, some three bolt flanges and a heap of 1.6mm arc welding rods, had a flange cut from the turbo gasket and got to work...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CUSTOM IS THE WAY TO GO BRA....GET ANY TWIN CANNON EXAUST WIT STRAIGHT THROUGH DESIGN, DONT GET BAFFLED MUFFLER!, ALSO DONT FORGET THE SILENCERS! PO PO LOVE THE NOISE! VROOMMMM=TIX=MONEY=DONUTS!!!!!! BECAREFUL!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts