Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HKS Hi Power exhaust is this a full catback exhaust like the HKS super dragger?

which one would ya'll suggest?

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
i love the way my dragger sounds, but its pretty mellow. i would go hipower if you want a little more attention.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well does the hi power sound differently on an NA than a TT because I heard it on a tt and you could barely hear it. I just don't want an overwhelming sound, but I would not mind a nice tone.

·
95 NAT
615 Posts
re

well does the hi power sound differently on an NA than a TT because I heard it on a tt and you could barely hear it. I just don't want an overwhelming sound, but I would not mind a nice tone.
From my experience when my car was an NA with the RSR GTII catback exhaust you know when I was coming around the corner, very nice deep sound. When I got the car back after the turbo install the same exhaust now sound a bit mellower and not as loud as before except when I'm WOT. I was told the turbo makes less exhaust noise and I actually noticed the difference and I have no cats on the car. hope this helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had Apexi N1 no cats exaust when I was NA and it sounded really mean! But now when I'm NA-T with the same muffler but 3" exaust, it sounds alot mellower :( but I like the sound of the turbo spooling :)

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
in short the turbo acts as a muffler.

if you want deep and mellow go for the Dragger.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Can one upgrade their SC300 exhaust from the car/midpipe back?
I have a 3" dp and midpipe, but after that it's stock
I want to change it out to 2.5 after the Y split (I picked up a magnaflow 3-two 2.5 splitter) but not sure how many 45 or 90 bends I'll need to replace the rest of the pipes

PS I've already got aftermarket mufflers with 2.5" in.

if anyone has done a custom setup and know how many and what types of bends are needed, please let me know.
I would have a shop do it all, but almost none of them have 2.5" mandral bends on hand. So I have to bring my own bits to a welder
Thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
hi power is cat back

my vote is for the hi power

·
Banned
68 Posts
Hi Power for louder/more attention.
HKS Super Dragger for low/muffled/less attention.

I have the HKS Super Dragger and I love it! Quiet on Idle, and not so loud on WOT. :bigthumb:

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
are you kidding, the drager is a huge rice coffee can on the back with a 5" outlet! The thing screams for attention. From civics. And vtec preludes.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Lol, I have the Dragger and it is not loud at all, even when I rev. It does not make that stupid popping sound either. I have no cats, straight piping from the downpipe on and the sound is mellow.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
are you kidding, the drager is a huge rice coffee can on the back with a 5" outlet! The thing screams for attention. From civics. And vtec preludes.
it is big, but its also quiet. meaning that it does not garnish tons of attention from the sound police.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
For Supras with single exhausts, I like the Integrated Motorsports 4inch exhaust the best. It has a nice tone, while not being too loud like some of those other "ricer honda" type cars. For the SC300, this has been my favorite exhaust so far:

Single 3inch collector splitting into dual 2.5inch pipes.

I found this dual exhaust for the SC300 to be quieter than the Integrated Motorsports 4'' supra exhaust, which is better for me since I want minimal noise & a dual exhaust. hope this gives you some more insight..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts