Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HKS Hi Power exhaust is this a full catback exhaust like the HKS super dragger?

which one would ya'll suggest?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im pretty happy with my HKS Super Dragger. I have a Hi-Power on my Nissan and its pretty loud.

The Super Dragger has a nice tone, but isnt droning on the highway. Its loud when the car first starts up, but once it is warm you dont really notice much it at idle (which is good for not drawing attention or driving through the neighborhood late at night).

I dont have first hand experience with the Hi-Power on a supra. I have seen a number of other models/brands though that were quite loud.

I think the super dragger is quieter because of the large diameter of the muffler case. It allows for more sound dampening. A muffler that doesnt have much material wrapped around it is going to be louder.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well does the hi power sound differently on an NA than a TT because I heard it on a tt and you could barely hear it. I just don't want an overwhelming sound, but I would not mind a nice tone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
well does the hi power sound differently on an NA than a TT because I heard it on a tt and you could barely hear it. I just don't want an overwhelming sound, but I would not mind a nice tone.
I had a friend with a Hi-power on an NA 240sx. Mine was on a turbo 240sx (same turbo as on my supra). The turbo does help the sound.

My instinct tells me that the Super Dragger is quieter in the cabin, but you may want to talk to some other owners to find out more.

I am not the kind of person who likes a loud exhaust (inside the car). I have no desire to change my super dragger out for somthing else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts