Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was this really cool black bike in some magazine (can't remember) earlier this month and it was all black w/ flat black (slight hint of gold?) suspension/frame, etc.

I don't think it was a... full? fairing bike? Full means they wrap under the bike, right? half fairing maybe? The trailing arm looked like it was beefy enough to be a torque arm on a alky gulping Pro Street.

I remember it was $88,000 or very close to that figure, and it wasn't a Ducati (I recognize that name)

I've been Googling and can't find shit, need to show a friend.

Thanks!

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dresden said:
Did it look like this? Aprilia Mille R Factory

BTW, I would make sweet, sweet love to this bike. :wackit:
Nice looking, but I think it had 2 or even 4 exhaust pipes :dunno:

The gold was like a very slight hint.. you have to squint to see it, otherwise looks black.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
No...most of the Euro exotic bikes make less power than the Japanese open classers. BUT they have some top notch components on them and some of them are put together as well as any one off custom....

·
2jz powered
1,648 Posts
Zylo said:
Nice looking, but I think it had 2 or even 4 exhaust pipes :dunno:

The gold was like a very slight hint.. you have to squint to see it, otherwise looks black.
Sounds like a MV Agusta to me. Is this the bike? I've seen one in person and the crafstmanship on the bike is unbelievable. If i could afford one, i would buy one in a heart beat :drool: .

Hint of gold

4 Exhaust

Couple more pics

·
Registered
868 Posts
A Senna isn't even close to $88,000 though.
I had a friend who had a limited model but I can not remember which model it was, it was 3 years ago and it cost $25,000. It was really nice but it wasn't worth $25,000 if you ask me. They sound really sweet with the 4 mufflers.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
It's not hard to pick up a Factory spec MV for well over 100k...but I sincerely doubt that's the bike in subject.

Bimotas aren't won't be the case, either...their stling is rather unforgetable. There's very few bikes out there as ugly as they. You could probably find mint Tesi 1D's owners who try to yield that kind of dough...

The only bike that really comes to mind is the MV Agusta F4 1000 Tamburini edition...msrp is actually closer to $55,000 but it's not abnormal to see dealers move them between $75 and $100 thousand. However, Tamburini is rather fond of his gold...and the Tamburini Edition is only offered in one color scheme:

...not to say it can't be painted or paid for in a different scheme.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The Tamburini editon was $42,695 when it was on sale last year and that is the paint scheme for that model.
What are you talking about "factory spec MV"?
Do you mean like an HRC bike or something like that?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Confederates are pretty weird and cool, and expensive.
There is a Ducatti/Triumph/Confederate dealer right behind Satin Dolls on Rte.17 in Paramus. Satin Dolls is the Bada Bing in the Sopranos.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I saw that Confederate bike in person at the Barber museum, and it is killer :drool: I looked that thing over for atleast 15 minutes, and it is one badass machine. It has almost as much carbon fiber on it as a Moto GP bike.

Speaking of carbon fiber, there was a Arrows F1 car on display there as well. No paint or drivetrain (engine, trans, electronics) it only weighs 500 lbs :faint:

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
Dresden said:
BTW, I would make sweet, sweet love to this bike. :wackit:
I'd make it my bitch. :idhitit:

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
michaelrc51 said:
The Tamburini editon was $42,695 when it was on sale last year and that is the paint scheme for that model.
MSRP for this year's model, according to MVA's website, is $54k.

What are you talking about "factory spec MV"?
Something along the lines of a YZF-LM or Mille Factory R or something...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts