Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for those still on a stock block.

I have some headwork done and a turbo that runs most efficient at around 28-32lbs based on the flow map and some basic calculations i did (watched a few youtube videos on how to calc this ect).

will the stock block be fine running at numbers in that range? expecting that i will probably put about 1500 miles on the car a year and drive it out at night and to meets cars and coffee ect. not really beating on it but def having fun from time to time. just want to hear from those running a stock block and tuners if this is ok or should I have the boost a hair lower?

Head:
pocket port
GSC S1 billet cams
PHR cam gears
GSC super alloy valves
behive springs w/Ti retainers
e85 (85% currently)
Motec M130
G35-1050 (1.01 ar)

·
Administrator
9,392 Posts
Depends on current health and mileage of motor. Leakdown and compression numbers. And that torque curve will determine alot as well. If all of that's in order depending on your driving style and abuse car should handle that pretty well. Just start saving for a bottom end.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on current health and mileage of motor. Leakdown and compression numbers. And that torque curve will determine alot as well. If all of that's in order depending on your driving style and abuse car should handle that pretty well. Just start saving for a bottom end.
yeah block health is fine based on when we tested and had the head off. only 80k original miles on it. Im not a racer nor is the intention to become one. I was merely speaking of a couple of quick 3rd 4th pulls on a nightly drive.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm thinking about this turbo for my current build. Can you tell us more about the turbo system part of your build? Overall, how happy are you with the performance of the Garrett?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking about this turbo for my current build. Can you tell us more about the turbo system part of your build? Overall, how happy are you with the performance of the Garrett?
Yeah no problem.

its a G35-1050 with a 1.01 AR using the Garret flange. its matted to a 4" DP MP and 4" Tomei Ti epreme exhaust
Exhaust manifold was built by Miggy out of texas with 1.5" primaries 304 stainless and schedule 40.
Its only on a base tune so essentially Don at Accelerated Performance tuned it on a blend of 25% ethanol at 20lbs it made 560 in 3rd at the wheels since then we added 2 degrees of timing to compensate for the 85% ethanol its running now. there has been no additional tuning done as of yet on the dyno so i cannot give you actually numbers. full boost is around 4700ish (street numbers here). its pretty much hits all at once. this may not be everyones cup of tea and you could probably see better spool if you went with a .83AR. I wanted more flow at higher RPM as im not out dig racing and when i open it up its expressway/highway driving at night just for a quick pull or two. the flow maps (im sure you have seen them) show efficiency at high boost levels and honestly much better efficiencies than where im at currently so again i really cant give you much more than that for now.
Fuel im on ID1300 injectors and twin 525 pumps. if you want more details i can get you more but that should about cover it. Oh and the turbo is loud! as in it sounds like a t51r mod. not quite as loud as that much its definitely loud (which i really like) as i was tempted to send it to OCD to have them do the mod, but for now im going to recirc my dumptubes and see if that satisfies my appetite to just hear the engine and turbo noises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts