Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LD President
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

Just like the title says. Blew the stock clutch bout a week ago, doing nothing special, and have decided to go with the HPF Feramic, as did tony and matt, and many other successful 9 sec cars :) Dont really have any time whatsoever to tackle it myself right now, and Ive decided to have MSP in Frederick MD take a stab at it. Any recommendations on the procedure, or if MSP is good? Ive heard mixed reviews. Is there any way to tell ahead of time if I need a new flywheel, or if mine needs to be dry turned? Id rather have everything ready to go for them to install to minimize the time they have my girl.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
take it to either billy cha on route one or ryan 23

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ryan just paid a visit to my garage to do some work. Maybe he will consider traveling to you mike.. BTW, I highly, highly recommend him.

let me know how you like that clutch, I'm debating throwing one in...

·
4,417 Posts
Another vote for MSP here.

·
LD President
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input guys. Im giving Ryan a call this afternoon.

Bren, Jasper, everybody, we need to get together soon. Weather is getting too damn nice out. Bren, Ill let you know how I like the clutch. Ill let you take her for a spin once it's finished.

Mike

·
Registered
594 Posts
yea definitely man...i'll see if my friend is cool with having a bbq at his place and we'll try'n set something up in the upcoming months

·
LD President
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any recommendations on lightened vs stock flywheel? I was figuring since im 6 speed, ill just blip the throttle at stops to get over the chattering til i go standalone. What do you all think? I know it's been debated a thousand times...

Mike

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
If you're going to stick with a single disk clutch I'd go with an OEM flywheel. Light flywheels seem to make the car a little more hyper. If it's a daily, and mine was, the flywheel can be a PITA and I don't think it helps power. The car drives more solid with a heavy flywheel, hard to explain. When I drive Frank's car it just seems more solid and less hyper - hard to explain. Unfortunatly single disk clutches are hard as hell on your leg and SUCK in traffic if yuo have one capable of any torque capacity.

I have only ever seen MSP's tuning and my thoughts of what I saw in the past are known, perhaps I'll see something different next time. Others in this thread have had hardware installs done by MSP and can speak to that - I cannot. At least a clutch install could be done nearly in and out as that's about all I'd be willing to allow based on the damage others have claimed on their cars when left for extended periods of time. All of this is in other threads. Ryan and I are friends and I believe him to be a reliable and trustworthy individual who will help me when I need to do a head swap I hope :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
LoL, Ryan is more than willing to help almost anybody. Hey Jim, i'll be in Fairfax in teh next few weeks to help my friend with his headers on his car since hes too cheap to pay someone. We should meet up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts