Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The link is to a turbo "starter kit" I am strongly considering buying for my NA. It has a manifold, Tial wastegate, and T4 turbo.

My question is this. Does the wastegate mount on the turbo or the manifold? I see the flange on the manifold, but it also looks like the wastegate uses banjo bolts, which I would assume would be for the oil inlet and outlet for the turbo. So what is the deal? Does it connect to both the turbo AND the manifold - it looks like it has two flanges on the wastegate.

http://www.turbochargers.com/starterkits.htm

Please help.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
it wounts to the manifold,if you look on top of the manifold you will notice another end (look at the pic i supplyed where the red arrow is! thats the spot im talking about)
but you might need to fabficate something to help hold it there further down and alow it to dump back in to the exaust i can send you a pic of what i mean !

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what you mean Al, can you send me a pic? It would make sense that the wastegate has to bypass the turbo and dumb back into the downpipe or something, but I don't quite get it -

So the wastegate goes on the manifold. What is the oval looking port on the turbo between the compressor and turbine? And why does the wastegate have the banjo bolts if it just bolts on to the manifold?

O

·
0 Posts
Frankenstein said:
The link is to a turbo "starter kit" I am strongly considering buying for my NA. It has a manifold, Tial wastegate, and T4 turbo.

My question is this. Does the wastegate mount on the turbo or the manifold? I see the flange on the manifold, but it also looks like the wastegate uses banjo bolts, which I would assume would be for the oil inlet and outlet for the turbo. So what is the deal? Does it connect to both the turbo AND the manifold - it looks like it has two flanges on the wastegate.

http://www.turbochargers.com/starterkits.htm

Please help.
the wastegate mount is on the side of the manifold(to the right of the turbo flange)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
where the arrow is pointing is where the wastgate goes ill send you a pic also check your private mail!!
RanGer498 said:
it wounts to the manifold,if you look on top of the manifold you will notice another end (look at the pic i supplyed where the red arrow is! thats the spot im talking about)
but you might need to fabficate something to help hold it there further down and alow it to dump back in to the exaust i can send you a pic of what i mean !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts