Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been over boosting like a bitch. Running off the stock spring im seeing 30psi. So taken everything off today as i thought the wastegate may be sticking, but it seems to move fine. So next i start playing with the nipples. The top one when i suck builds pressure and stickss to my tongue, but the one off the side doesn't. Is this right?? Or have a found where my problem may be??

·
Vendor
606 Posts
Supply air to the side of the gate with a guage hooked in and see it the gate opens at the the rated spring pressure.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
The side should also be tight. If you are loosing air there the boost will be raised through that when the top nipple is connected to a boost source.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, i ran the turbo off the spring (side port to turbo) and it worked fine. Was boosting near on perfect to the spring rating.

I can feel resistance when i suck the nipple, but it doesn't build pressure to secure to my tongue. Someone else today told me theirs does the same. :(

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
When you install the Tial wastegate, make sure your hoses are routed correctly and boost controller set correctly for an external gate.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Mhh, The side port may not be 100% tight since there might be some airgap between the valve shaft and the guide of it. The top, contrary to this, is separated by a diaphragm which is tighten it up.
So nothing to worry about when your boost is at spring rate with the side port connected. Then your problem might be elsewhere..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts