Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i have dump pipe facing down. I do have 3" and dont want to weld it to my catback, it will give too much restriction.
What did you guys do to kill the noise? should i just extend the pipe and weld on glasspack or something?

·
Top Secret
1993 NA-t MKIV & 1994 Single Turbo MKIV
523 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
HKS T04Z rocks!
355 Posts
HKS kits like T04Z and Gt2835R recirculate the wastegate. My T04Z with the Tanabe Touring exhaust is very quiet around town but when it opens has an insane scream among with sweet exhaust growl. I achieved this by accident, however I wouldnt change it for the world, so quiet until the turbo kicks in then sweet adrenalin rushing exhaust note, I too, HATE wastegates dumping into the atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
I had a silencer made to my WG to hear detonation better when tuning the car. It had to go below the front crossmember so it can be attached only when tuning the car as it goes too low under the car. I'm off to my garage and I can take some pics.

For my Tial 44mm:

for my Tial 60mm. Silencer is a Harley Davidson removable bafle.

·
CAR > FAMILY
150 Posts
Have many people done an external dump with a muffler? I was thinking about doing that since I have a 60mm wastegate, just get a honda muffler or something...
Just wondering if it actually helps at all.

·
Boost Creep
3,492 Posts
Am I the only person who likes the sound of the wastegate dumpting to atm?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts