·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good, bad, or no difference. I’m thinking about doing it on my T-78 turbo

F

·
0 Posts
DONT, isn't worth it, just sell it and buy a t88. and PLEAASE remove all the red and put it back to black.

fefe bag

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean that he should "put it back to black". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve T.

Fefe Bag said:
...and PLEAASE remove all the red and put it back to black.

fefe bag

·
Registered
286 Posts
Fefe Bag said:
DONT, isn't worth it, just sell it and buy a t88. and PLEAASE remove all the red and put it back to black.

fefe bag
Fefe bag....why do you waste the forums valuable server space to post stupid shit like you do?????

Black bird, obviously you know the process of extrude hone, it may help to spool the turbo a little quicker because of the smoother housing, but who knows. I guess you just have to try it and see...you never know, may be worth it. People have been extrude honing their intake manifolds, heads, etc. for quite some time and I have heard it works. Good luck

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HoustonSC300 said:

Fefe bag....why do you waste the forums valuable server space to post stupid shit like you do?????

Black bird, obviously you know the process of extrude hone, it may help to spool the turbo a little quicker because of the smoother housing, but who knows. I guess you just have to try it and see...you never know, may be worth it. People have been extrude honing their intake manifolds, heads, etc. for quite some time and I have heard it works. Good luck
Thank you for the positive reply.

Matthew

S

·
0 Posts
Rick Head at Innovative Turbo Systems and I had a lengthy discussion recently about this. The heads up class I run my Mustang in limits turbo cars to a T76, so I was looking for ways to get more out of it. Rick says that the hot exhaust gasses form a boundary layer against the surface of the turbine housing and as such extrude honing doesn't improve flow on a properly sized and designed turbine housing. He tested this on his test cell when he was at Turbonetics.

Shane H

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ShaneH said:
Rick Head at Innovative Turbo Systems and I had a lengthy discussion recently about this. The heads up class I run my Mustang in limits turbo cars to a T76, so I was looking for ways to get more out of it. Rick says that the hot exhaust gasses form a boundary layer against the surface of the turbine housing and as such extrude honing doesn't improve flow on a properly sized and designed turbine housing. He tested this on his test cell when he was at Turbonetics.

Shane H
What about on the intake side?

S

·
0 Posts
Oops. Forgot about the compressor side. He said it can help a bit on the compressor side sometimes.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
What exactly does Extruding and Honing do... whats the process is what I wanna know... I do not have much knowledge when it comes to machine'n type mods...

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
pooshda said:
What exactly does Extruding and Honing do... whats the process is what I wanna know... I do not have much knowledge when it comes to machine'n type mods...
It isn't extruding and honing. It is a special procedure called extrude hone. They take a gel cream like crap that is abrasive and use it to smooth and port tight and hard to reach spaces like your intake manifold runners, etc. You can read about it on the web, just search.

Adam

·
1,522 Posts
Adrocktt said:

It isn't extruding and honing. It is a special procedure called extrude hone. They take a gel cream like crap that is abrasive and use it to smooth and port tight and hard to reach spaces like your intake manifold runners, etc. You can read about it on the web, just search.

Adam
Hey adam,

I was just in miami ealier this week. I was looking around for your Supra but I didn't spot it. I met up with steve with the silver veilside kit supra. How is the Supra sceen down there? Lot of BPUs and single turbos?? When is the next south fla meet?

Troy

94' Supra TSO4 6spd

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
boostedsupratt said:

Hey adam,

I was just in miami ealier this week. I was looking around for your Supra but I didn't spot it. I met up with steve with the silver veilside kit supra. How is the Supra sceen down there? Lot of BPUs and single turbos?? When is the next south fla meet?

Troy

94' Supra TSO4 6spd
There is a pretty good scene here. A lot of 2jz powered vehicles such as turbo'd lexus' and other toyomoto projects. I am not sure the time and date of the next So. FL meet. Next time you are down shoot me an email or PM first and we can meet up. I am often busy and had family in town this weekend but would love to come out. Thanks

Adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts