Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure where to post this, and although it may be somewhat of a rant, i needed to inform other people..maybe other people looking for reviews on this outside of our forums will search and find this too...

EZcarlift has been something i've been looking into for about a year. Seems like a good product and price was ok. The other day i sent them an email asking to see if they finance. These are the emails i traded with the owner/deveopler, Boytcho Manev, from ezcarlift.com...is it just me, or is he a dick?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
im VERY interested in the ezlift, but money is a little tight right now. I was wondering if you guys finance?

let me know
thanks much
sev

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sev,

we do not have any financing options. What I can do for you offer you a demo unit. We have one available. It will be fully rebuild and with carry full one year warranty. It has all the upgraded and updates.

It will be available with in a week to 10 days and should be at the $1,350 price range. Let me know if you are interested. If you are a $100 refundable deposit will hold it for you.

Thanks you for the inquiry and have a great weekend

I am very interested in the demo unit. Thanks for passing this opportunity to me. I do have 2 questions though..

1) How long/often have you been using this demo unit?
2) Would it be possible to have shipping included in the $1350 price? I would be able to pay the $1350, but that's pretty much all i can afford right now without making money too tight around the household.

Let me know. If everything sounds good, i can send out the deposit asap.

thanks much
Sev

Sev,
As mentioned in the email the unit will be rebuild and have it full warranty. There will some minor cosmetic issue (touched up areas). Mechanically the unit will be new.
Sorry, will not be able to do anything on the shipping.
Have a great weekend
Best Regards,
Boytcho Manev

Hey Boytcho, well how much would everything cost with shipping if it was going to ..

5610 scotts valley drive
scotts valley, ca 95066

Just add another $105 for sales tax. I guess the sales tax will totally kill the deal. It is so sad to see people struggling in that beautiful state.
Have a great weekend
Best Regards,
Boytcho Manev

So it will cost a total of $1455 for the lift shipped to me in Ca?

sev

Never mind
Best Regards,
Boytcho Manev

Wait, why nevermind? Just trying to see how much it would all cost. What's the final price after everything??

sev
Sent from my iPhone

Didn't I send you a purchase agreement? Just the $105 t*
Ax!
Best Regards,
Boytcho Manev

hah, sorry about that Boytcho, i didn't notice that you sent the agreement in the first email. My mistake. Would it be possible to send in the purchase agreement and call you early this week to put a $1000 deposit via credit card? Then on Aug 19th, could i pay the remaining $500 via check/paypal/credit (your preference). After you received the total amount, then you could ship it. Is that ok?

let me know
thanks
sev

Sev,

I am not comfortable selling you an item of about $1,600+ at your current financial status. If you really need one to work on your car so you can get around etc, there are many lesser expensive units on the market. The EZcarlift is more or less a luxury item.

Here is a link to one of Harbor freights unit for less than $1,000. Many times they have sale on the units for $899. I am sure there are other units for similar pricing.

Wish you good luck and I hope you improve your financial status soon.

It's really not bad. You said it won't be available for another 2 weeks anyway so it works out perfectly. I could put the $1000 deposit now and once I get my paycheck on the 19th, I could pay the remaining balance. I've been looking at lifts for some time now and the ez lift fits what I'm looking for perfectly. The other scissor type lifts don't fit my application needs. If you really don't want to sell Otto me that's fine, but I'm going to end up buying it in the near future and probably pay more for it.

sev
Sent from my iPhone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let wait a bit. In a month or two we will having some promotional sales. That may be a better choice for you and us.
Enjoy your weekend
Best Regards,
Boytcho Manev

Hey Boytcho, in the first email you sent me, you stated...

Sev,
we do not have any financing options. What I can do for you offer you a demo unit. We have one available. It will be fully rebuild and with carry full one year warranty. It has all the upgraded and updates.
It will be available with in a week to 10 days and should be at the $1,350 price range. Let me know if you are interested. If you are a $100 refundable deposit will hold it for you.
Thanks you for the inquiry and have a great weekend

I dont understand. I'm willing to offer you a $1000 non-refundable deposit, not the $100 refundable that you requested. The remaining amount of money will be sent prior to shipment. I'd like to still purchase the demo unit. I have a couple track days in September that i am getting ready for. Therefore, i was looking to buy this in order to do some major work on my car. Frankly, i don't see how MY financial situation is a problem when im willing to pay for this item. You offered me a product. All i was just trying to do was get the final amount in order to see how much i'd be paying. The purchase agreement shows a total of $1500 ($1350+150s/h). Do we have a deal?

Sev,

I just do not want to deal with you. That is all. Sorry personal preference

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
Seems like a busniess choice he is making, maybe he took your email and conversation as a hint of more headach to come, ie.. you will be more of a hassle than it is worth. I have seen it before, there are just those customers that are never happy no matter what happens, and in the end passing on a certain deal with save a great amount of headach in the long run. I am not saying you are that type of person but instead giving a different perspective of why he might have chose to pass on the deal. I do agree with you that it is bad business to pass on a sale but he is the owner and that is his choice.
Personally I could see where you are both coming from, my faimly has owned and operated a small business for decades, my parents will bend over backwards for 99% of our customers, however there are some that are just not worth it. They will find any reason to complain and make a scene, and in the end they will spread bad rumors no matter what you do. As a business owner it is a tough decision to make on weather to pass on a sale or not, there are those rare occasion where passing on a sale is worth it. In the 15+ years there are probably less than half a dozen people we refuse to do buisness with, yes it is a loss of income but we feel in the end it is worth it.
Like I said previously, I am not saying you are that type of person, just that I can see where he is coming from, on the other hand maybe he sold the demo unit already and wants you to buy a new one when there is a promotion and you can pay in full. In the end I would just move on and buy something else.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
^^ i understand what you are saying, but my main thing was that HE was the one that initially extended the offer to me. I was just trying to understand the specifics and exactly how much it would cost. I honestly don't feel that i came off as a "bad investment" or a difficult customer. He never gave me any strait answers to my questions either. And as a business owner, you NEVER want to leave on terms like that...that's my main argument. The fact is, i asked a question, he responded with an offer. I expressed interest in the offer and wanted to find out more. Then all of a sudden the offer was not on the table and he dismissed me in a VERY unprofessional manner.

They will find any reason to complain and make a scene, and in the end they will spread bad rumors no matter what you do.
but it's not like i was trying to lowball him. i was willing to pay the full amount, and practically on his original terms. Sorry for asking too many questions Boytcho! maybe next time ill act like a sheep, shut up, and shovel my money in your face. Maybe then i'll get some descent service.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
I see nothing wrong here. If I was in the market for a lift I would still consider EZ CAR LIFT.

EZ CAR LIFT just passed on the drama from what I can tell. This thread is a perfect example of that drama.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not bashing the product, im bashing the service....help me understand what the actual "drama" is that im bringing into this situation?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I wish I had the sense to pass on a few transactions with some people in the past who did not have all the funds upfront, and I went ahead anyway, trying to work with them, and of course it backfired.

I think what they are alluding to, and not making any assumptions about you personally, is that often times when people do not have the funds to pay for something in it's entirety upfront, it can be an omen of bad things to come. Often times people like that will twist everything around, and blame the seller if they cannot come up with the balance, or find after that they really could not afford the product. Like I said, this is not a reflection of you, but rather circumstances that have repeated themselves in the past.

Sometimes, as a business owner it is better to head trouble off at the pass, when you see it coming, instead of trying to make everyone else happy at your expense. Something I certainly did not get right the first time, but have made it my mantra with my latest go, and it has paid dividends.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ thanks you for your input. i understand you point of view. In all these posts, im really not trying to come off as aggressive, im just trying to gain more insight. But lemme ask you guys something. When he offers to "hold" it for me for a $100 deposit, isn't that the same thing as, pay 100 now and later on you'll pay the remaining amount? Well isnt that what i agreed upon? Pay 1000 now and remaining later?

this is what i dont understand...also by the same token, it's not like im saying ill pay the 1000, ship me the item, then ill pay the rest..im still paying for the whole thing before it gets shipped

·
Registered
556 Posts
a 100 deposit is a good faith deposit, when you offer 1000 for them to hold, it is an indication that you do not have all the funds available immediately, and are relying on a future amount to pay in full. While it may seem the same, they indicate a completely different status of your financial health. I am not agreeing with him, just my $.02

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
a 100 deposit is a good faith deposit, when you offer 1000 for them to hold, it is an indication that you do not have all the funds available immediately, and are relying on a future amount to pay in full. While it may seem the same, they indicate a completely different status of your financial health. I am not agreeing with him, just my $.02
That's an interesting point.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the sale coming up. Thanks for the heads up :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
You have to be about the most respectful 25 year old I have ever responded to in a thread, lol. Thanks for taking it all for what it was, my opinion. Best of luck to you.

·
Banned
191 Posts
You could always just wait until you have the money in its entirety and then see if he will take a payment in full.

You could call by phone and pay over the phone. Alternatively, you could try contacting with a different email. Once you pay for it and he has the money, THEN give him your address.

It's likely by this point, with the money in his hands, that he wont back out of the deal from there.

Just an idea if you REALLY REALLY have to have the EZ Lift Brand.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya..i'm kinda over it now and thanks to you guys, i've seen some valid points as to why he declined the deal. I still feel he didn't handle this deal in a professional manner. If i do decide to buy the product now, im definitely going to speak to someone else and hope to avoid dealing with him.

·
4 door shopping cart
96 Posts
im sure if they are struggling for business then he would have sold you the unit, but maybe it was no longer available or the pricepoint he gave you was not so profitable for the amount of effort it would have been to go through the deal.

i honestly do not like dealing with people that haggle over price when the best price is given upfrount already. I personally just picture some cheap ass whose gonna bug me over and over after the sale. you try to help people out but sometimes people just don't understand that everyone who is in business is in business to make money and can calculate profit for the amount of work put in.

guy offered you used reman unit for $600 off, should have just taken it right then and there. I just had a similar deal where i offered 600 off a new item for 1600 and guy still fighting me over 50-100 off additional... wtf

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
^^ dude first off, all i did was merely ask to see if he'd go lower...doesn't hurt to ask (it's not like i offered $1000 for it..doesn't make me right, but who hasn't asked for a cheaper item?!). Shit, people on supraforums do it alllll the time in the for sale section, what makes this incident any different? Second, after he refused, i agreed to the price he mentioned. Third, and final, just because someone asks to discount something doesn't mean the are a "cheap ass"...i supposed you've never asked a seller to go lower on a price?!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I ask for a lower price all the time, but I don't drag it out, and I am prepared to pay, in full when I negotiate a price. If you aren't prepared to pay in full after a deal is negotiated you will sound like wimpy....I will gladly pay you next Tuesday.. Not you specifically, just a generalization. I have had people ask to finance everything from a intake kit to a car.

·
Engmaineer
2,406 Posts
Seems like awesome customer service to me . . . he responded to all your emails, and offered you a great price. He even offered a cheaper option for you , since you brought up your financial status was very bad and anything over 1350 would make you "very tight".

·
4,934 Posts
You originally complained that you couldn't pay full price, then complained about shipping, then the tax, and now you're complaining about his service. I'm glad he didn't have to put up with the headache you would've caused him.

You don't have the money for it, don't buy it. Save up, and then buy it. How is that so hard for people to understand?

And don't be stupid and try to say something like 'but I wasn't exactly complaining about the tax herpaderplyderpherp' because I don't care. Everything was an issue. There's a difference between asking for pricing and asking for handouts.

·
4 door shopping cart
96 Posts
You originally complained that you couldn't pay full price, then complained about shipping, then the tax, and now you're complaining about his service. I'm glad he didn't have to put up with the headache you would've caused him.

You don't have the money for it, don't buy it. Save up, and then buy it. How is that so hard for people to understand?

And don't be stupid and try to say something like 'but I wasn't exactly complaining about the tax herpaderplyderpherp' because I don't care. Everything was an issue. There's a difference between asking for pricing and asking for handouts.
^this

you got an up front best offered price of 1350, for a fully factory rebuilt unit. $600+ discount

you asked to include shipping for that price **low ball 1

he said he cant include shipping, and told you had to pay tax in CA so 1350 + 150 ship + 105 tax = $1605

you made a 2nd offer $1455, $150 off an already discounted item. *low ball #2

then asked for 2 installment payment,

i'm sure someone already bought that demo unit at the > 30% discount already, 1 payment no drama, no haggling ( so annoying)

your lost, now your whinnying cause you missed out. at that discount prob is making very little profit vs any new unit he sells, and for that % profits its not worth putting up a haggler. I offer best price up front, take it or leave it, if you don't buy it, believe me someone else will. Its not like its a product that multiple vendors carry, if you want a product with the ezcarlift abilities and portability your gonna have to go through that company. I would have sent your ass to harbor freight too.

you should be glad your inquires were answered in timely manner unlike some tuners/dealers that take your $$ and you dont even see your product for 30 days+ w/ minimal/nonexisting communication going over "quoted timeframe" by 20+ days

just buy at full price or stfu

·
Proud MKIII Owner
2,407 Posts
Cheap ass.

Just kidding. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts