Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i just spent the last 6 hours changine my heater core, and lost day light as i am reassembing.

put one for the metal brackets for the radio and climite controle in wrong , and noticed this after i started working the dash pad back in, so i go to call it a night, and close the passenger door, and go to close the driver door, and it wont close the dash is in the way. so i start to remove it to get it back out it is stuck on the shifter, and the shifter was unbolted dam thing,,,

any ways, i got the dash pas slid back off but in doing so some how i broke the front half of the heater core box, the one where the flapper door is, it's completly busted up on the right side

SO DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PARTS CAR IN THE NORTH WEST? '

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
ok someone needs to spellcheck their posts beforehand... or atleast preview... last i heard mattonedime does and loki as far as parts cars go, maybe KevinM also...

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know , but at the moment i was a little bit angry that this front half of the box broke on me..

i'll pm em them and see if they respond.. im gona price check it at toyota tomorrow, if resonable i'll just charge it

well hope i find one..

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
pimptrizkit said:
yeah i know , but at the moment i was a little bit angry that this front half of the box broke on me..
Just done this lovley task 1.5 hours from complete to core in my hand

used this to find how to remove the dash pad to get out heater core
http://www.supra-tech.com/Tech/Dash%20Removal.htm

2.5 hours to have back in place ready to fill spent more time than needed just must make sure all plugs are secured as there ant no spares

Why dont you glue the flaper door cover as you cant see it ......ever again

:rockon:

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
it looks like some one put their first through it.. i'll get some pics..

http://www.supra-tech.com/images/Dash Out 2.jpg

that box in front, how it disconnects from the rest of the box, i some how broke the front right corner of it..

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
pimptrizkit said:
it looks like some one put their fist through it.. i'll get some pics..

that box in front, how it disconnects from the rest of the box, i some how broke the front right corner of it..
Yep thought it was ........ Hey its just the main vent feed but it you can make it air tight it dont matter what it looks like

Two pot glue and some spare plastic FTW

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well toyota, doesn't even come up with a part number... meaning they more then likely have never sold one, and if they did, it would be the whole heater core box.. and probaly cost more then 500 bux...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I have a couple of heater cores from 2 different 89+. Shoot me a pic of exactly what you want and I'll send it to ya. I get a very good discount with DHL.... I'll send it ground, but can overnight (U pay the extra). Lemme know.

E

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here's a couple pics..

in the pic wit the metal bar in it, are the tab s facing the correct way? thats looking through where the climate control would be.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
The tabs on those metal brackets go towards the inside (towards each other). Also, there is a ground wire that is connected to one of the top nuts on the left bracket (driverside). Make sure you did not forget to attach that ground.

Got your PMs and will send it out tomorrow.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright i'll turn that around , im thinking thats probaly why i got my dash stuck, and ended up breaking the box,

i did get the ground strap on the first time, and i know to reattach the steering colum ground strap,

i also re-routed my mbc-cable so it turns smoother and the maft pro wires so i have more room to hook it up where i haved it chillin,

any ways trin not to break any thing else....

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hey pimp....

Turns out I have 2 of the A/C condensor things and 2 of the blower sections, but not that center section that you need. Sorry dude... thought I could help ya out.

E

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

alright i still need this part of the box,

any who has it lmk need this part...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts