Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to pinpoint a problem with my car...the timing is right (verified with a gun)....cant seem to find the trouble....with or without F-CON car idles badly and barely drives, when I give it gas the rpm's do increase but it stutters the whole way up the rpm's but once i stop accelerating at any point it will hold that rpm fine.

Here's where the F-CON comes in: there are 3 wires running from the F-CON to the solenoid in the engine bay (blue, yellow, & green)...if the F-CON is plugged in but the GREEN wire is not connected to the solenoid it runs great to a point. It is drive around town okay and will build boost at this point but if I attempt to give it full throttle or close to it then it just bogs down at that point...I can hear the turbo spooling but not getting any more power at all.

I'm asking about what the wires from the FCON to the solenoid because if I know what the green wire or even the other two actually do then maybe I can trouble shoot my problem this way so if you know please let me know. I feel a screwjob coming on if I have to take it to a shop. This is an older FCON by the way...say a model made in early to mid 90's I believe. Any help greatly appreciated.
:scratch:

Robert B
89T

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Well, what you are talking about is a boost sensor, don't know why itd give you problems... Im about to be selling a Fcon with GCC, 440 chip, 550 chip, harness's for 87-88, 89-92, and FCD, but Im looking for a bit more then you probally want to spend.

By the sound of it, the Pressure sensor is faulty. Take the fcon out and see what the car does without..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it's something else bro...the car runs bad w/out the FCON, runs bad with the FCON, no change either way....but unplug that green wire from the FCON from its solenoid and it wants to do what its supposed to up to about 3000 rpm so WTF....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts