Supra Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· LexusTico
3,604 Posts
BDT-TT said:
you guys both forgot to get rid of the ghey ass lexan hood :kekegay:

· 1JZ BLING!
3,044 Posts
One if not all of the supra duplicate cars were NA. One was at a car show shortly after the movie hit DVD and it was a NA.

I wonder if some of the NA cars are floating around being sold and re-sold as the F&F Supra.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
SlimFastSupra said:
One if not all of the supra duplicate cars were NA. One was at a car show shortly after the movie hit DVD and it was a NA.

I wonder if some of the NA cars are floating around being sold and re-sold as the F&F Supra.
The car in the auction was an NA car. But then again wide body + rims + interior and other stuff paint etc + famous for 20K. That was a good deal.

So was the skyline. Setup for the stunt scenes that think probably is crazy fun to drive.

That Jetta wasn't a bad car. At least if it was the original that was brought in for the movie. I think it was a Sport Compact Car cover car. Not fast but had a lot of nice work on it.

I want the Batman motorcycle.

· Kirisute Gomen
6,201 Posts
They forget to mention on the Skyline that the front diff wasn't smashed... They were all converted to RWD so it'd be easier to do the stunts. I remember the Stunt Coordinator saying that on the DVD.

· shotaro kaneda
3,257 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
The Skyline R34 GTR sold for $16k? :confused:
it was a damaged stunt car that wasn't street legal, i wouldn't have expected it to sell for more than $25,000 and $16,000 doesn't exactly surprise me. if it had been the hero car that sold for $16,000 that would have been quite odd.

also consider that R34s aren't that expensive in the first place. a used '98 in good condition can be had in japan for around $30,000; we get (got) ripped off by motorex and their infamous $70-80,000 markups. :rolleyes:

· 1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
2,368 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
I'm surprised no one asked me...

Guys, those cars from 2F2F were beat...

The Skyline was the jumper car we used in the bridge sequence. The car was bent to $hit and fixed cosmetically, but who knows what's with it...bent cranskshaft, whatever.

Barris had NOTHING to do with any of these cars...he simply bought them from Universal and stored them. Barris actually tried to buy my original Supra, then have me sign a piece of paper stating that I could claim no involvment with the car ever again. Screw him!

And yes, the ORIGINAL Supra is in Europe. These other Supras were mostly N/A cars, and stunt cars at that. They were the same cars we used in part one, but I rebuilt them for part 2. Don't blame me for the graphics, though! That nonsense wasn't my idea!

What's funny is that the values he was claiming on these cars were 3 to 10 times higher than what they actually sold for. Good. Hope he lost his a$$ on them.

Let's hope his fire sale signals his retirement...

· Registered
187 Posts
kaneda said:
a used '98 in good condition can be had in japan for around $30,000; we get (got) ripped off by motorex and their infamous $70-80,000 markups. :rolleyes:
They have to make it worth their while. For the low volume of sales they do and all the bullshit they had to go through to get the cars here I dont see how they could have sold them for much less.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.