Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my rotors and pads replaced about 4 months ago and had my mkiv wheels put on at the same time over at Pepboys. My friend who is a Mechanic there did it for me since i didn't have time but afterwards he recommended i get new e-brake shoes sometime soon. Well i just got done doing my e-brakes and as after i put my left rear caliper back on i noticed something was missing from it.....the Bleeder screw is MIA and i knew the car had one there 4 months ago and thats not something thats likely to just fall off especially since just after the pads and rotors i took it off of the road to replace the HG. So...should i rip my friend a new asshole or what?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Thats not too safe.....get that replaced asap

Maybe he didn't tighten it properly when he did the work.. have you been driving the car in these past 4 months?

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
4 months ago and no bleed screw?

Sorry bud but if that where the case you would have been DEAD a while back after stepping on the brakes and nothing except the brake pedal sinking into the floor and the car not stopping. Wasn't your friend as you were able to stop where you parked, so that means you are not stating everythign or just making shit up.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
hmmmmm :scratch: i honestly dont see how that happend, like kirkmkIV said you would of smashed something already man.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Yea, that doesn't add up.

p.s. nice thread title :rolleyes:

·
Registered
671 Posts
you mean the rubber dust cap?!

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
check again, is it twisted off in there?

if your friend twisted it off in their, it would be closed, and safe, just not be able to bleed them again till it's fixed..

·
Registered
671 Posts
pimptrizkit said:
check again, is it twisted off in there?

if your friend twisted it off in their, it would be closed, and safe, just not be able to bleed them again till it's fixed..
that's a good guess. all those pep boys mechanics use air tools to do everything. :rofl:

·
Registered
286 Posts
our cars are really old and bleed valves/screws get stuck and sheer all the time. most likely your brakes are going to be fine, just do your best to not introduce air into the system, but if you do you can loosen the brake line and hold the caliper so the line is at the highest point and use the line itself as a place to bleed. good luck trying to use a tap to get that out, most likely you'll eventually want to get a new caliper. good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts