Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my newly designed custom coolant overflow can and battery tray/bracket for my hawker battery. Both peices were fabricated from aluminum by my brother at his machine shop. I am very pleased with the results. This is the very first one made so consider it a prototype.

The pics show both units installed on my car and have not yet been polished. I wanted to show how talented my brother is when it comes to welding aluminum. All peices were machined and you have to agree that the welding is pretty kick ass. My bro is very talented I must say.

Both units utilize factory bolt locations and I did not do any mods to the body/engine bay. Everything is bolt on and easily removable if needed. The coolant overflow has a sight tube so coolant levels can be seen.

Anyhow, here are the pics of the units installed on my car. Let me know what you guys/gals think.

PS. Sorry about a couple of dark pics. I was running out of light. I will update with better pics later on.

Danny

EDIT - pics below have been updated to show the items polished

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
:eek:

Wow, thats a super clean fabrication job! Awesome welds on the overflow tank. Not too many people know what kind of skill it takes to be that accurate, and precise with a welder. :bigthumb:

Also... what are the ratings on that battery?

Very clean mods. :cool:

Craig King

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
This is nice. How heavy is the radiator overflow tank? I am very interested in getting the battery and the bracelet to save some space:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
that is some extremely nice welding by your brother. it takes skill to make beads like that. all u need to do now is polish that thing.

ps nice job with the little fluid level indicator...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone,

To answer some of the questions, the coolant can is not heavy at all. I haven't actually weighed it but my guess that it may be approx. 1 lb? With the elimination of the heavy standard battery, you save a ton of weight with the hawker battery setup anyways.

We definitely want to produce these for those in the supra community who are interested. But forum rules don't allow me to sell/advertise here. I made a post previously but it was deleted. I apologize to the forum admins if I broke any rules. I did send a PM to a mod to get clarification on how I can go about this.

Danny

·
Grocery Getter
439 Posts
I would be interested in the overflow tank. Pm me sometime about price etc.

Man those are some really nice welds to. Looks incredible

Jarad

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
PM me with some prices for the overflow tank and the battery holder. Would you happen to know how many cranking amps does the battery have. Thanks

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
playb0i said:
will that overflow tank fit with the stock battery?
No, the overflow can will not fit with a stock battery. The can uses the top bolt hole for mounting where the factory battery hold down is bolted. The overflow can will only work for those who either use the little hawker battery like I did or for those who have moved their batteries to the trunk.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm very interested in both the overflow and the battery tray. Let me know through PM or email how much for both.

Matt

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Very nice Job!:bigthumb: And i DO know how much talent it takes
to weld aluminum. I've done a little bit of welding myself at school (intro to manufacturing). Takes a lot of practice. But yeah, I'm interested in the battery tray also. But would it be possible for him to fabricate a tray for lets say, an Optima Battery ?

-Phu

1 - 20 of 71 Posts