Supra Forums banner

Yes or No?

• Yes

• No

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So call me crazy, but I actually really like the face-lift oem front bumpers with the added grille bars that go accross.

Since the ridox Bumper is similar in style to the oem bumper (just a bit more aggressive), would it look good with one of those grilles? I haven't seen this done before. I've made some quick mock ups to give us an idea of how it might look.

This was done on my phone so please excuse the terrible edit quality. If someone with some real photoshop skills wants to give it a crack, please do! 馃槀

Keen to get your opinions!

...pop the hood!
that actually doesnt look bad...it's missing the piece in the middle that runs up and down. not sure how strong the single part would be unless you used aluminum.

i prefer open myself, but that looks good too.

Registered
I like it better because I have the grille bar on my 97 and love it. I also like the factory look the best.

Boost Junkie
Looks good! That grill was actually added because the laws changed in 1997 as far as pedestrian protections go. The old opening was too large and it is claimed that a pedestrian could get caught in it if they were hit by the Supra.

Steve

From the land down under
Thats an interesting tidbit of info there, Steve. I had always presumed that it was just another facelift feature.

I think it looks quite good on the Ridox front bumper, but as jdm-rhd already said, it needs the vertical piece to complete it, and give it a bit of structural strength.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that actually doesnt look bad...it's missing the piece in the middle that runs up and down. not sure how strong the single part would be unless you used aluminum.

i prefer open myself, but that looks good too.
Yeah I know what part you're talking about. Since it's black though I didn't bother trying to add it in. It was hard enough adding the bar on my phone screen hahaha.

Registered
hmm..ive got a ridox bumper on mine and i despise it. However the bumper with the lip doesn't look too bad in the 3rd picture. What lip is that?

i was planning on getting an OEM bumper with whifbitz lip

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm..ive got a ridox bumper on mine and i despise it. However the bumper with the lip doesn't look too bad in the 3rd picture. What lip is that?

i was planning on getting an OEM bumper with whifbitz lip
I think that's just the ridox splitter lip. All 3 photos have the same lip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts