Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
4,997 Posts
Very clean car & Awesome write up!

I thought the 6speed axles were discontinued
I agree that it is an awesome write-up! I will use those pics as reference.

I do have one question - are the axle bolts still available? They don't show them at all on the Toyota dealer website info.

Thanks,
Al

· Registered
11,712 Posts

I do have one question - are the axle bolts still available? They don't show them at all on the Toyota dealer website info.

Thanks,
Al
What do you need, the hex heads that attach to the diff flange?

· Registered
4,997 Posts
Yes, the long 10mm hex head bolts. The factory ones are 10.9, but I actually found 12.9 ones at Fasten-all that are really nice. The only difference is they are threaded all the way instead of half-threaded like the factory ones. Hopefully they are just as strong since I used 6 of them on one side. Should be, but I am a factory part kinda guy.

It seems you always tear up a couple when you R&R an axle. Next time, I will remove them 100% by hand. The impact struggled on a few, and I guess those were the ones that the threads got worn down on. They screw in real nice when coated with oil like the manual says. I just used anti-seize last time, didn't notice the oil recommendation.

Al

· This aggression will not stand, man.
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Been looking at different AWD conversions for Honda FWD chassis. Tunnels get murdered. Nice to see the excellent work you did on this one, and in my opinion, I think you greatly increased the value of this car.
I hope the owner will appreciate the instant equity, and enjoy the car a little more frequently on the weekends :)
Thanks man, yeah the tunnel was the most stressful part for sure. Really happy with the way it turned out.

That's exactly how you treat a low mileage original car. Hopefully someone gets to enjoy it rather than remaining museum status. Fantastic job and thanks for sharing.
Thank you.

Looks great. I think a professionally swapped V160 car will always be worth more then a low mileage original A340E car.
Yeah that was the initial dilemma but after speaking to a number of people including Matt (FastTurbo) we concluded that, if done right, it would increase the value of the car.

Thanks,
Al
Hey Al, thanks! Axle bolts are still available as far as I know. I reused his because they were literally perfect.

Was the radiator swapped for a non auto version? Or was it decided to leave as is?
I left the auto radiator in there but I did remove the barbs and inserted plugs.

Exceptional work there Patrick! Must have been like handling a new born baby. :)

-Robert
Hey Robert! Yeah it was quite a job but really happy with the final product.

Reactions: okinawa-supra

· The Great Beast 666
1,143 Posts
this makes me want to check out my brothers 97 limited edition and see about if it still has any of the factory peices ie marks, loctite still on it. And as always amazing Job @Patrick94TT

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Great to see the passion and attention to detail you have.
how long did it take to convert the harness for the V-160.

5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Great to see the passion and attention to detail you have.
how long did it take to convert the harness for the V-160.
Yo sorry Nick didn’t see this. Appreciate that man. Harness conversion honestly didn’t take long, maybe a couple hours at most.

Auctions safe I can't comment.
🤣🤣 you’re on

what an impeccable job you did on the conversion! amazing!
Thank you, really appreciate the kind words. This car was unreal and it deserved the absolute best and I truly think we delivered.

5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Why sell it after this level of work was done to it?
His car, his choice? I dunno. He bought the car 4 years ago, immediately sent it to me for the swap, and after it was done he drove it just a handful of miles. He’s a successful businessman and I’m sure he considered it an opportunity to flip for profit from very beginning.

· Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
1,281 Posts
Interesting. In 10-15 years the value on these cars might get a bit crazy.
But with someone that already has boatloads of cash lying around, they probably don't care today.

To each his own.

What's is the estimate on final sale price for this?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts