Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so everyday for the last two weeks, at about 4am, my damn car alarm goes off. now the first couple days i thought someone was trying to either steal my car or break into it! but if you actually look at my car its not that appealing so i ruled that thought right out of my head.

i have no clue as to why it keeps going off....and it IS an everyday occurance...

anyone have this problem or experience it in the past??

thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
HAHAHA!! mine started doing the same thing. run outside with a bat at 4 or 5 in the morning and start yelling " im gonna beat your ass if i find you" and i would go turn my alarm off. well then the next day it did the same thing. then the next morning 2 times. so i was like WTF and i fiured the alarm was messed up. so i just sniped the wire by the hood latch and now my alarm never goes off.

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
if you're quick with removing the panel below the steering wheel, and have some wire handy, along with an eyelit crimp connector, then it shouldnt take longer then a half hour. it took me an hour, simply because i wanted to mount a switch in line with the ground, so that i could have a starter kill switch. :) (the hour included going to the hardware store for a switch. :))

remember to ground that wire though, otherwise your starter wont work.

and i completely removed the theft deterrant ECU. i'll eventually get a real nice alarm, with a paging unit. :)

good luck!

-shaeff

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shaeff said:
if you're quick with removing the panel below the steering wheel, and have some wire handy, along with an eyelit crimp connector, then it shouldnt take longer then a half hour. it took me an hour, simply because i wanted to mount a switch in line with the ground, so that i could have a starter kill switch. :) (the hour included going to the hardware store for a switch. :))

remember to ground that wire though, otherwise your starter wont work.

and i completely removed the theft deterrant ECU. i'll eventually get a real nice alarm, with a paging unit. :)

good luck!

-shaeff

oooooooooooo..........i like that idea! thanks again shaeff i'll have to do it wednesday

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
no problem. good luck. if you have any problems, feel free to PM me here or on SM. same name over there. (and that's where i normally hang out)

-shaeff

·
Registered
100 Posts
fatMKIII said:
lol i think i'm just gonna find the fuse for it and disconnect it entirely....

then i'm gonna buy this

http://www.srtmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3119

the i wont have to worry about my ride getting stolen

what exactly is this and what does it do?
my car was doing the same thing, just not in the middle of the night...so i took out the theft deterrent computer...but now i need a new alarm...

·
Drifter 4 Life!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bptotheeng said:
what exactly is this and what does it do?
my car was doing the same thing, just not in the middle of the night...so i took out the theft deterrent computer...but now i need a new alarm...

its a quick release hub lock...pretty much you take ur steering wheel off, lock the hub, and no one can slip a new one on and steal ur car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts