Supra Forums banner

Factory Battery Cover

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Disguised 
#1 ·
Looking thru an old box, I found my original battery cover, folded up. For kicks, I put it on my battery, which is out of the car. It looks okay on there, but not sure what it's function is, since it doesn't really have insulation inside. It does have a foam strip. I guess it insulates a little. The one for my 97 T-Bird is a fully insulated soft box.

I have a question: which way does it face - rectangular hole in the front or aluminum clip in front? Don't see the purpose of the clip, other than cutting your hand or scratching the fan shroud. I guess you could say the "hole" is for air coming in behind the headlight to cool the battery. Who knows.

Thanks,
Al

#2 ·
Aluminum tab on back. Factory positive terminal is supported by tab. Excuse my cheap battery. I’ve had a few OEM Toyota batteries and the window in front matches the OEM battery - no clue why it’s there.

#4 ·
The JDM battery cover is different to the one above. Or at least my one is. I always just presumed it was for minor insualtion.

It hasnt been on the car in 8 years, after moving to an AGM, but its tucked away under a bench somewhere in case I go back to stock one day.

#5 ·
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I have it on my battery sitting on the floor to stretch it out, and I apparently have it backwards and upside down, lol!

Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.