Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing aftermarket 4 channel amp for a friend in his mkiv and am wondering if anyone knows if there is a kit to hook up the factory double din deck to this amp....(something to convert the factory 7 channel low level wiring harness that goes into the factory amp into rca connections) for the new amp.

I did this same install in my car but I had to custom wire each of those 7 low level wires into RCA plugs to make it work.

Those high to low level converters do not work right either as I tried that first.....the reason is because the factory wires are already at low level!

Anyone with ideas please help! Factory deck to aftermarket amp converters?

:) Here is a picture of my amp.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
someone here has to have an answer to this.......Yes or No.........is there one availabel ANYONE???

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you find one? Who makes it? I'm thinking about doing this on my car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hate to lay this down for you man but the amp will only amplify shit when hooked up to the stock head unit... here, lemme make it simpler:

shit in = shit out from the amplifier... that stock headunit will put out true shit for your amp to amplify. Seriously consider an aftermarket headunit before an amp.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So your trying to say that reducing the distortion by at least 25-50% will sound like shit. Well from being a professional installer for a little over 8 years I will have to disagree. No its not going to sound as good as a aftermarket head unit & amp together but it will sound alot better with a aftermarket amp than using the factory. The amp is the heart of the system. It will sound just fine but dont go cheap. You get what you pay for. Also if you looking for a converter look for soundgate converters they are the best and alow alot more adjustment and system variations.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Boosted....Where can I get one of those converters to do this install for my friend???

Redline......I had my system hooked up this way before and it sounded about 5000% better than the stock system. However you are right that when I did decide to upgrade my deck to a Premier deh-p930 it got another 5000% better again! but I liked the LOOK of the stock deck better...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Boosted....Where can I get one of those converters to do this install for my friend???

Redline......I had my system hooked up this way before and it sounded about 5000% better than the stock system. However you are right that when I did decide to upgrade my deck to a Premier deh-p930 it got another 5000% better again! but I liked the LOOK of the stock deck better...

·
Registered
107 Posts
<<I hate to lay this down for you man but the amp will only amplify shit when hooked up to the stock head unit... here, lemme make it simpler>>

What are you basing this on? Do you even know who makes the Toyota head unit? The brand is on par with most aftermarket units...

Seriously, the head unit is the LAST thing to replace on a audio system. First are speakers, second is amplification, and last is the audio source. It burns me to see such ingorance, especially when people spend so much money on a head unit that gets them near zero improvemnt in audio quality. The only reason to get a new head unit is to have MP3 (talk about amplifying shit!) or some rediculous arcade like display.

·
Registered
74 Posts
aright aright, cool down dudes... i'll agree i came across like a retard when i posted my post. My point was that given that the stock supra head unit might be semi decent, replacing it with an aftermarket head unit would do much better for his system. I'm basing this on a fact of a few long time pros and my own systems that i've had on my previous cars. I'll admit to not being the 'expert' on stereo systems, i'm basing it on my own ear and agreement of installers... well most, I apologize for the difference boosted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts