Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im confused here. I know our NA`s arnt the fastest things on the road, but in no way are they the slowest. I just read one thread where some guy said his NA wont go over 120. Whats up with thaT? how are some NA`s so slow, ive had mine to 120 and it was still pulling, and my friend had his to i think 145. And mine isnt really that slow, i was able to beat a Z28 from a roll and i only have a few mods. What gives, how are some NA`s so slow, while others are pretty quick.

Also, some guy was saying he cant even do a burnout from a dig, But with me i can spin my 295`s all day. 0.o?

·
11,219 Posts
Maybe they just sucky driver, jk lol. To get a bone stock NA to 120 is going to take some time. The car *has* the potential to go to around 130-140 but you need a lot of clear road and keep wot-ing that shit.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,413 Posts
well not really......it doesnt take that long.....less then a minute anyways with trafic on the road i did 30 to 137ish between 2 exits.......it would have kept going, but my tires need balancing, and my rotors resurfecing cuz my streering wheel was goin crazy....the gear box will take you to about 155 at 7 thousand rpm, i had it up on jacks, that wat i recorded it as, but with the weight and wind resistance i duno....my gues would be around 140-145.....cuz at 135 i was still pulling.......so.....maybe the auto or manual tranny have something to do with it, as well as the weight in the car......

R

·
0 Posts
I can get to 120 without a problem......and I don't need a stretch of road to do it

·
Registered
308 Posts
id say if your auto u may have some problems getting up there. cause my friend has a 93 auto and he cant really. but he does have a number of problems. myself i have a 96 5speed even when it was bone stock i could get up to 120 easily. and on a long streach even early on when i was pertty much stock i maxed out at 155ish. its not really something u wanna do alot of course which is why i havent since but on the freeway i see 100+ easily and i usualy dont even notice, normaly anything under seems like im actualy going too slow. ps watch for highway patrol lol

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
The numbers are they...it all depends on the condition of the engine and the car.

My NA flys up to 80+ very fast merging onto the highway and I know if will go more ( never had it over 95ish )

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
My car flies up pretty quick up there.. i noticed other n/a are slow as well from what i heard everyone says mine is pretty quick..

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i guess some NA`s are just really beat. I can get to 120 fairly quick, i rember i dident really try, i got on it when i was merging onto the highway.

WhiteBlazze, how havent you had your car above 95, you have alot of self controll =)

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
=) no boost here, sorry my car isnt sponsored by mom and dad.

Just a little bit of boost envy is all =)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got up to 133-134 or so from about 90 on the way to work one day 2.5 yrs ago when my car was stock with the exception of some heavy 18" wheels. I might have had my exhaust at that point, but I really dont remember. Certainly didnt take all that much road.

·
Registered
415 Posts
old man celica said:
thank you. you dunt kno how long i've been bitting my tongue trying to not say these exact words.:p
:p

I'll take it any way I can get it.
If I had those kinda parents, I'd milk 'em for car parts too.:D

~Alan

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
havent been at the track yet....and not much places to get that fast around here in the DC VA Metro area. The roads here arent all that great.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had no problem driving at 130mph when my Supra was NA.

I bought the Supra at Salt Lake City, Utah and drove it back to Soutnern Cal on the same day, took about 9~10 hours non stop, it was fun, on the way back I was able to get up to 130~135, with room for more, but did not want to risk my life, as the rear tires have virtually no threads left + they were winter tires.

If Accord or Camry V6 can get up to 140mph, Supra NA should be able to. Most the newer Japanese/German V6 can hit 140mph+ now days.

·
Madison Motorsports
389 Posts
I've taken my supra from 65-120 with ease and never left 5th gear. I've never gone to 120 by gearing down though. Had a long stretch of interstate at 3am and I just put my foot to the floor in 5th, car did it surprisingly quick.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts