Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size speakers front and rear do the 94 Supra TT's have and what is a good size to upgrade to. I am looking to upgrade just the speakers right now and the rest of the system will remain stock for the time being. Thanks for your help...

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
stock fronts are 4" but to upgrade you need to make a special plate to hold the speaker in place as its odd shaped!

the rears are 6 1/2 you might need to get a heat gun and heat the inside encloser and reform it a little so the speaker fits nice and flush!

best to get intouch with thomoas and he will make you special speaker holders that allow you to put 6 1/2 speakers upfront!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if you do choose to stick with a 4" up front, you don't need a special mounting plate. The unique part about the speaker is that it uses a 3 hole mounting, rather than 4. Quite a few 4" speakers have multiple hole patterns drilled in them, so just find one with a provision for 3 hole mounting and it will be a bolt in. Definitely much easier than doing the fab work for a 6.5", and pretty adequate for a modest system.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking to upgrade my front speakers... these 4" babies arn't cuttin' it. Thomas, have you done a custom fab for 6.5"s in the front? how much? also, i'm looking into a component system, anyone know how to get to the tweeters? thanks, all.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
651 Posts
Thanks Ranger....

Yea, if you would like a set of panels made for whichever speaker you wish, call me.

I have made many Supra front door panels for many Forum members. They can vouch for my quality of work.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: Thomas Kenyon ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts