Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda has a new turbo motor that will be used in there new small acura suv. Its 2.3 liter with 240hp and 260pft. I could care less about the suv but it would be cool if they put it in a small sports coupe later. Something along the lines of a new prelude with this motor would be nice.

here is a link to the article
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=115583#12

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yes, it would be cool. But if the coupe (Civic/RSX) still FWD and you get over 300hp out of it, it's pointless without an LSD. Even then, eh.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
RSXTypeS79 said:
Yes, it would be cool. But if the coupe (Civic/RSX) still FWD and you get over 300hp out of it, it's pointless without an LSD. Even then, eh.
They'll actually have torque steer!

·
Registered
46 Posts
RSXTypeS79 said:
it'll be pointless because its fwd. lsd is the least of its troubles.

·
:)
1,171 Posts
Damn if you think that's pointless what do you think of the guys with the 700+WHP Civics? There's a decent number of them running 9's. 300WHP isn't much for todays Civics. The torque would be pretty high though. But it would be like having a boosted H22A or a K24.

·
Iridium Member
192 Posts
Looks like a nice motor but the turbo and manifold are one piece so upgrades will require new header + turbo instead of just slapping on a bigger piece. Not a huge deal but it makes things a little more expensive if you wanna hop it up.

--Regarding FWD. FWD is only pointless to some, not to all. It has its limitations and isnt the choice if you are looking for end all street supremacy. I love my car which was probably right around 250whp / 260 wtq @ 2900 lbs before i decided to build the motor for 400whp. Ive driven even higher horsepower fwd cars as well and its not that bad if you know how to drive it and the suspension/tires are correct. RWD/AWD will always rule the roost but FWD isnt completely useless if done correctly.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Drop on in a S2000 and crank up the boost, then you might have something. I'm sure someone with a S2000 is thinking about it as soon as the engine is availible.

Sam

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Godzilla said:
Damn if you think that's pointless what do you think of the guys with the 700+WHP Civics? There's a decent number of them running 9's. 300WHP isn't much for todays Civics. The torque would be pretty high though. But it would be like having a boosted H22A or a K24.
I'm not talking about the full on drag race versions. Those are just different types of monsters. I'm talking abou just a DD with weekend racer aspirations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts