Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to port or do anything to the factory twins. If you can do something with them who do I send them to. Thanks

·
3,463 Posts
Don't waste your time, just go single! :D Removing and reinstalling the stock twins is very timely!

To my knowledge, all attempts to "upgrade" the twin setup has failed miserably.

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
and why is that?
cant you get better power with bigger twins?

I was thinking of going bigger twins(soon) cause it might be more driveable and less lag for the boost to kick in!
Im new to this so please explane?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really my turbo doesnt have that much lag i have a greddy t78 my friends 2835 only seem to have a bit less lag if that and the t78 dont require all that stuff like fuel upgrade vpc and cams so think about what your doing i got my kit for under 4,000 a stock rebuilding of turbo here cost around 1,000 and id never put those stocks back on it was a pain to take it off and even worse to prolly put them back on

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
speedracersupra said:
...and the t78 dont require all that stuff like fuel upgrade vpc and ...
That tiny little T78 turbo couldn't move enough air to harm a fly. Great advice you're giving there.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you must be speaking out of your ass or it must be the heat that hits you in the desert your just mad cause you still got the stock twins we got a word for that and its callled hating

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
speedracersupra said:
you must be speaking out of your ass or it must be the heat that hits you in the desert your just mad cause you still got the stock twins we got a word for that and its callled hating
No, it's called "Calling attention to bad advice." There is another word called "Punctuation", you may want to look it up.

Had you said that a careful person could run a T78 on stock fuel by using the soft wastegate spring while they saved for a fuel system I would agree.

What you *did* say is that you flat don't need a fuel system for the T78. Since this turbo will make at least 650 rwhp I, and many others, would say that is bad advice.

If a person is not planning to upgrade the fuel system then a TS04S04, or maybe an SP57 is as big as you should go.

I don't know where the idea got started that you can bolt up some really big turbos but not upgrade fuel.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. I will be going single now. My 2nd turbo just went out. I want a small turbo and I will be upgrading my fuel sys. as well. I want to try to make anywhere from 550-600 rwhp. well thanks again baltic blue supra

1 - 8 of 8 Posts