Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 supra NA should have check engine light right? Emissions test

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I went to do emissions test today.

All was good EXCEPT check engine light test. Said I failed that part. Now I turned my car on at start up and did not see the light. Where is it?

My other emissions test stuff was great and the car overall did pass.

HC GPM 0.6512 out of 1.5000 limit
CO GPM 2.0742 out of 15.0000 limit
CO2 GPM 343.8853
NOx GPM 1.4533 out or 3.5000 limit

What can you tell me about the emissions pass? it FAST PASSED which means it was running really well, but no check engine light? Bulb disabled by previous owner?

Thanks guys
Rob

· Registered
5,711 Posts
i would take the lights out and make sure the bulb it there first, if it is then make sure its not burnt out. if its not then check the solder points. quick test would be to turn the key on and hit the top of the dash and see if anything happens.
GL.

· HK USP 45c
394 Posts
Hah...I had the EXACT same problem when I first bought my car and went to register it. The solder that houses the connector on that unit gets loose from age/vibration/what not and causes the terminals to loose connectivity. You can either try to resolder it or purchase a new unit from Toyota (around 60 bucks).

· HK USP 45c
394 Posts
I have the part number in my parents garage, can check on Friday. You can just call Curt and tell him you need the electrical unit that houses the MIL, OIL PRESS, ETC Lamps.

· Registered
758 Posts
Part #

what is the part called I need to buy?
Part # 83950-14030 Lamp assy, Tell. This is what is printed on the Toyota box.
Thanks

· This aggression will not stand, man.
5,306 Posts
I just failed emissions on Thursday for no check engine light. I took the car to Toyota and they charged me $272 for a failed circuit board or some shit. I know the bulb was just burnt out but I paid anyway and passed SMOG the next day. Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.