Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They said I was running too rich. The guy said I was burning raw fuel and I'm probably get shitty gas mileage. What do I do? I passed 3 out of 4 tests. What might be the reason for me running so rich???????

:confused: :frown: :confused: :frown: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
road hazard
452 Posts
not sure but this advice is a shot...

i had this problem with my brother's 93 accord ex. took it in and it failed, saying it was running really rich. then i drove it for a good hour or so and took it to another place. passed with flying colors. you probably know this but when you smog any car, make sure the engine is nice and hot.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:pat: Forgot about that.
MODS: rmm downpipe, hks megaflow, apex n1, greddy bcc, pulled hoses,hks turbo timer

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mk4play said:
:pat: Forgot about that.
MODS: rmm downpipe, hks megaflow, apex n1, greddy bcc, pulled hoses,hks turbo timer
The ecu richens up the A/F when it sees high boost(DP+pulled hoses). Put the stock cats back on, hoses back to stock setup, reset the ecu, drive around for a couple of days, then retest.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering if getting a s-afc would help in me passing the test?? Adjusting my car to run really lean when taking the test. What else causes my car to run rich. I'm pretty sure there are other things also??
Thanx for all your help! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts