Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get emissed (i guess thats what you'd call it) today, and failed, but not too bad. I didnt have my cats on, so I just wanted to see how id do. They also said my catch can wasnt legal, and they couldnt pass me without the stock y-pipe. I even explained to them how its still a closed system and explained exactly what PCV stands for and how it all works, and how the catch can works, but they still wouldnt buy it... go figure.

But they did oogle a while at how my car looks, and were asking a bunch of qustions about it, and they really seemed to like it.

Anyway, when I got home, I went to get the cat back on and the test pipe out, and thats when the shit hit the fan. My cat is about 2 in. longer than the test pipe, so I had to pull the cat-back pretty far back on the hangers to get it wedged into place. Then I noticed the flange from the header and the flange from the catback werent lined up, because the test pipe had spinable flanges, and it didnt matter. So I had to ghetto-fy it for the time being. I hooked the one side up with bolts, then J-B welded the other side so it wouldnt leak, and secured it with c-clamps :lol:

I started it up, and no leaks!! So tommorow, im going to go back up there, and hope it passes, and hope they dont check the PCV, because I sold the y-pipe to someone on here :doh:

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i think they did a visual when I failed... i went to the place in the valley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts