Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my real hks super dragger exhaust to an annonymous person for what he told me was an apexi N1 is there anything at all that would tell me for sure if this exhaust is real or fake? It says apexi NOWHERE on it and doesnt have a silencer hole, the whole thing is polished all the way to the dp, but according to apexi thats only the gt spec, and the piping deffinatly doesnt look big enough to be a gt spec. sooooooo idk does anyone have a real apexi N1 that could tell me anything in particular would make it a REAL apexi?

·
Banned
663 Posts
I have an APEXi N1.. I could take a picture of it or something? Its not polished, and the can does say APEXi on it IIRC.

EDIT: I meant the piping isn't polished...but the muffler is.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
my N1 muffler says apexi on it..

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
I have a GTSpec, and the piping is polished... Only "ApexI" logo on it is on the canister... Does yours have the resonator/ muffler on it? If it's real, than it should have a 3.8in squarish looking muffler/resonator on it half way down the pipe...
Dan

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cool so i got ripped off, by project soarer, I hope he trades back or gives me a cash compensation

yeah it has the resonator, but nowhere does it say apexi, and it doesnt have a silencer hole, and idk it deffinatly doesnt look like big enough piping to be a gt spec but yet the whole thing is polished
[/IMG]

·
Nudest Camp Counselor
572 Posts
Hey (insert derogatory name here), i've never ripped anyone off. I sent you a pm.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Hmmm..if you did the trade with Project Soarer (Matt), I highly doubt you were ripped off.

Is the only indication is not an N1 the lack of the APEXi logo on the muffler? I mean its easy enough to polish the piping, after the fact. Looking at that exhaust, it looks like the N1 on my car, except my piping isn't polished.

Hopefully you get this resolved.

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
doesn't look like one.. and also mine has the plate underneath the canister that says apexi.. the welds around the tip should be kinda sharp.. not all smooth. :no!:

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
It may also be one of the earlier GT Specs though. Mine came with a Clamp that goes around the exhaust to then bolt up to the car. The earlier models did not have that option, it simply had a hanger welded to it like the N1... So before you start yelling thief, check it out.... My GT Spec though, does have the bolt for the silencer and the APEXi on it...

Good Luck,
Dan

PS: I believe the resonator also had some aluminum plate brackets to keep the piping from flexing, check that out too...

BPU+ Justin said:
cool so i got ripped off, by project soarer, I hope he trades back or gives me a cash compensation

yeah it has the resonator, but nowhere does it say apexi, and it doesnt have a silencer hole, and idk it deffinatly doesnt look like big enough piping to be a gt spec but yet the whole thing is polished
[/IMG]

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there are no plates saying apexi anywhere, there are no aluminum brackets for support by the stress points in the welds, there is not a seam in the bottom of the tip where its welded together, and there is not a hole for a silencer (is there another common way of securing a silencer?) as in the following pics, all pics sourced from mkiv.com I also just noticed that on my moms N/A supra her Muffler has apexi engraved in it, thats in the last pic

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
Dude, the one that you have on the car looks pretty damn clean, even if it's not the real deal :p !!! But i guess i understand your grief, you are upset because you traded for an Apexi, but you ended up getting a FakePEXi... :p Understandable, nonetheless...

Good Luck,
Dan

·
Registered
706 Posts
the apexi n1 doesn't have a resonator i thought. I know the gt-spec does.. .and it's fully polished

That's not an apexi n1 though... you did infact get scammed.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Definately doesnt look like my GT spec, but definately looks good! I personally wouldn't complain if I traded your exhaust for that. It looks nicer than the N1's I've seen

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
That exhaust looks sick Justin, I'd keep it, Apexi N1 or whatever it is, that thing simply looks sick.

Like others said, how does it sound?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
It looks like a quality exhaust.. I wouldn't worry about name brands.. but thats me..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts