Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search button failed me, i have a 95 na supra, swapping in aristo engine. Did usdm water pump and housing. My questions are; can I use the ge clutch fan on the gte water pump? If I can, can I use the gte fan on it? If not, can I modify the na one? Should just get gte fan and clutch?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You'll want to get a new set of fan blades. The clutch is the same on the gte and the ge so you're good there. The GE blades will be too close to the engine. I did go as far as modifying my blades so they cleared the engine but after putting my shroud back on it just doesn't work. The GE fan doesn't go far enough into the shroud, an inch or so hangs out the back which isn't super safe for obvious reasons but also I'm too worried it's going to touch the upper rad hose.

·
Banned
451 Posts
You'll want to get a new set of fan blades. The clutch is the same on the gte and the ge so you're good there. The GE blades will be too close to the engine. I did go as far as modifying my blades so they cleared the engine but after putting my shroud back on it just doesn't work. The GE fan doesn't go far enough into the shroud, an inch or so hangs out the back which isn't super safe for obvious reasons but also I'm too worried it's going to touch the upper rad hose.
JDMricer is correct.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Congrats on turbo

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The Na shroud I believe will work with the turbo fan. That is my plan. The turbo shroud has an additional hole in the shroud 96-93 for a helper ac fan and two holes after 97 for two fans but the clutch fan hole is the same. This will also depend on what radiator you're using. Na radiators vs TT radiators have different mounting points for the shrouds I believe. Na auto radiators are actually bigger than Na manual radiators. Na auto is pretty much identical in size to the TT rad. So being that I have an Na auto I'm keeping my stock rad but if you have a manual you may consider upgrading. It may be fine I have no experience with it though.

And by your question above should you use an Na fan... I'm confused. Did you read my post above?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts