Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to start bringing this Supra Back from the dead... Im gonna need your input...... just trying to decide to go with an aluminum shroud and electric fan combo or go to a OEM Toyota fan clutch and shroud....Just because i see alot of guys still running the OEM stuff and with floriuda weather especially

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts
OEM ... 3300 CFM fan without Amps drown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my Supra I've gone from OEM to electric back to OEM. You can't beat it. Electric take a tax on the electrical system the car wasn't designed for, and don't cool a single bit better, worse on the highway. If you're worried about it being ugly, a new shiny shroud and white fan blades are under $100 from the dealership.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I went back to oem ,
just make sure the fan clutch is in good shape most people have it that the silicone that goes inside has leaked out , It should get harder to spin when it gets hot , if u dont see a change u leaked the silicone ( check when engine is off cold and hot )
Pm if u need the toyota part number for the silicone

·
Registered
490 Posts
It's re-fillable? PM me. I have a shelf full of clutches that don't get hard
yes they are toyota part number 08816 03001 u need 2 may fit 3 but its too loud
remove fan and youll see 4 screws remove ,dont touch the big o ring , open the silicone put the 2 bottles of silicone , and see the diff i tested it with a paper in front of the radiator ,condenser, trans cooler , and it sucks a lot more ( thats what she said)
GL Pm if any questions

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I turn the ignition to on but not start the vehicle, should the fan always automatically turn on or should it be off? Mine is always on all the time it seems like.

·
Vendor
606 Posts
When I turn the ignition to on but not start the vehicle, should the fan always automatically turn on or should it be off? Mine is always on all the time it seems like.
There are many different ways to wire the fan up. You can wire in a temp switch to activate it or if you're using a aftermarket ECU you can just set up the controller to come on over a set temp and over a certain RPM.

Another vote for the mechanical fan. If you're using a stock alternator keep in mind that electric fan also takes away from voltage that could be contributing to the ignition and fuel pumps.

thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ive been using electrical fans for years, never had a problem they hardly ever come on, only in traffic jams,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts