Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What electric fans are some of you running? The reason I ask is bcos I currently have the " Puller Flexalite 220" fans and have them wired so they are always on.
I noticed yesterday in 95 degree temp that my temps were fine while I was doing some highway driving with the AC on for about 40 min, but once I got into city traffic my temps started to go up about a qtr past the half marker. As long as I keep driving the temps come back down again. I am assuming my fans are not doing enough with the AC load to cool the radiator? I am not losing any coolant, my overflow is at the same level and the water is not even warm. I have a new Koyo radiator/cap. I also have a new thermostat and waterpump. Any suggestions? ...........Thanks

·
Banned
330 Posts
sell me the car :) .lol how old is the water pump?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sell me the car :) .lol how old is the water pump?
Whats up :) I think about selling it sometimes; but everytime I look at her sexy body I change my mind. :love: The waterpump is brand new with less than 1K miles.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Fal fans.. yesterday was beating the hell out of my car at the track.. cooled down fine.. stock radiator as well..

will try my ac by the end of the week.. but going to add a condencer fan..

·
Banned
330 Posts
Whats up :) I think about selling it sometimes; but everytime I look at her sexy body I change my mind. :love: The waterpump is brand new with less than 1K miles.
its probably the ac that caused it to heat up .my soarer radiator have a extra little fan on the bottom right which i think is used for the ac .does the supra have it also ?you mught want to add a extra fan for the a/c if thats the problem p.s the coilpacks are still like brand new .i sold brian the sc (without the coilpacks though)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Stock some supras have a condenser fan, just grab that and wire it in.. should help quite a bit I assume..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its probably the ac that caused it to heat up .my soarer radiator have a extra little fan on the bottom right which i think is used for the ac .does the supra have it also ?you mught want to add a extra fan for the a/c if thats the problem p.s the coilpacks are still like brand new .i sold brian the sc (without the coilpacks though)
Glad to hear you are happy & getting good use out of the coil packs. Wow Brian bought your SC:) !! I dont have a condensor fan, so I am going to add one asap.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock some supras have a condenser fan, just grab that and wire it in.. should help quite a bit I assume..
I do not believe the 89 turbo models came with a condensor fan up front; just the big hydraulic and the two small ones next to it. Nonetheless I need to find space to install a small pusher fan for the condenser.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts