Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched fast and furious on dvd. You know the part when he brings the wrecked supra to the shop and shows him the supra cause he owes the guy a 10second car. Well the red supra is a n/a non twin turbo car look closely when he takes the hood off. you see the intake manfiold over the block its non turbo, anyways i just wanted to post this fact lol

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
maybe they did that purposely... there's a lot of weird things in the movie... it keeps the movie from getting boring... yes, the wrencked supra had our n/a engine and nobody knows it but us :cool:

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey guys i just watched the movie tonight and yeah i noticed that immediately when i saw the movie in the theatres. But they did that on purpose when the guy is talking about it he mentions its a 2JZ GE engine he doenst say 2JZ GTE so they knew it was non turbo and they just grabbed all the parts from Japan and made it. Definately not outta the question at all considering the money they are throwing around in that movie it would be easy to build a car like that. Either have alot of money or know what the hell your doing like Dave H and whamo you have a 10 second NA Supra.
Later

S

·
0 Posts
*wishlist*supraTT said:
maybe they did that purposely... there's a lot of weird things in the movie... it keeps the movie from getting boring... yes, the wrencked supra had our n/a engine and nobody knows it but us :cool:
lol ya i thought something was up, but didnt say anything bout it

Rob~

J

·
0 Posts
Its the dumbest part of the movie IMHO. The techie says "whoa, a J2Z . . ." THERE ALL J2Z's!!!!! He doesn't say "ge" or "gte"

Then he goes to the computer and flashes some pictures of Lieberman's car like he's designing it right there. Why insult our intelligence like that.

I like the movie overall though. Point Break with cars instead of surfers.

·
5,059 Posts
Notice their is no LSD on the supra that races the F355 ferrari in the movie as well, its a 1 wheeled wonder :)
Also the green eclipse that they pop the hood, infront of hector has no turbo in it.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IF YOU SEE THE CUT SCENCES. THE SHOW THEM WORKING / OUTSIDE ON THE SUPRA HOOD OFF AND ALL . YOU SEE EVRYTHING ITS A N/A AND THEY KNEW IT AND IT WASNT A MISTAKE

and with the ecplise if you look close i think you see it. the casr he drives in the movie is a real car ive seen it it has a turbo.

S

·
0 Posts
Jack Merchant said:
Its the dumbest part of the movie IMHO. The techie says "whoa, a J2Z . . ." THERE ALL J2Z's!!!!! He doesn't say "ge" or "gte"
ya well they're actors they knew what they were talking about :rolleyes: heh =P

Rob~

O

·
0 Posts
Xdreamer said:
I just watched fast and furious on dvd. You know the part when he brings the wrecked supra to the shop and shows him the supra cause he owes the guy a 10second car. Well the red supra is a n/a non twin turbo car look closely when he takes the hood off. you see the intake manfiold over the block its non turbo, anyways i just wanted to post this fact lol
in the last car shot at one point the the supra has a 6point rollcage the next frame it has a 10 point rollcage.

O

·
0 Posts
Jack Merchant said:

Then he goes to the computer and flashes some pictures of Lieberman's car like he's designing it right there. Why insult our intelligence like that.

I like the movie overall though. Point Break with cars instead of surfers.
i know like what did he expect to find under the hood a v12

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah before that movie came out......and it was still being shot.....somebody put an order out for like 5 or 6 na Supra's. As far as I know everyone done up in lambo orange in the movie was NA except Lieberman's.....all the stunt cars were NA's, actually that movie technically is made up of na Supra's........all the pretty car scenes are of Lieberman's......while the chase scenes are of NA's w/out fmic, different exhaust systems, and cheaper paint. The turbo sounds are dubbed in. And the car that takes off w/ the Ferrari didnt have lsd. however contrary to some peoples beleifs, some NA's like mine came w/ factory lsd.:)

S

·
0 Posts
Xdreamer said:
IF YOU SEE THE CUT SCENCES. THE SHOW THEM WORKING / OUTSIDE ON THE SUPRA HOOD OFF AND ALL . YOU SEE EVRYTHING ITS A N/A AND THEY KNEW IT AND IT WASNT A MISTAKE

and with the ecplise if you look close i think you see it. the casr he drives in the movie is a real car ive seen it it has a turbo.
well hey maybe they got ahold of DaveH's car lol and painted it. His is a 10second caR! :p + With all the nos they keep shoving in all the cars who knows how fast it'd go.

RoB~

o ya check out either the general supra forum or the anything goes section... they have a thread for all the errors and mistakes made in the movie *Nos stickers on cars w/o nos lol, and all sorts of other little things check em out*

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Could somebody direct me to a shot of a n/a lsd & a twin turbo Torsen unit? I think that the Torsen housing has reliefs for the worm gears. Is the n/a lsd a Torsen or a conventional clutchpack type? I checked an older forum & mine is not coded for an lsd, although my mkIII n/a had TEMS, leather ABS & lsd. It was a clutch pack type & the housing looked pretty much the same as what I have now.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Anybody know if the more plentiful mkIII lsd is a direct swap for the mkiv? A Torsen has got to be very rare & expensive for the n/a & I know the turbo version is geared about 3:30 as opposed to 4:30 or 4:11, whatever the less torquey n/a is.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
daveh's supra is even better... he's into the 9's :eek: ... 9 second supra. bwahahaha

·
wanna be elitist prick
106 Posts
StaticX313 said:

o ya check out either the general supra forum or the anything goes section... they have a thread for all the errors and mistakes made in the movie *Nos stickers on cars w/o nos lol, and all sorts of other little things check em out*
link please!!

D

·
0 Posts
did yall notice at the begining when that dude is driving the eclipse.he shifts gears 7 times

1 - 20 of 41 Posts