Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, ose are some impressive times. I didnt think anyone was in the 9's on the stock longblock.

Espeacially impressed with M Millers 143mph trap speed.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
I beleive Albert diaz ran a 9.2 in a stock blocked auto a few years back. I beleive thats what he told me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've been 9.88 as well on the long block with 264 cams. Even with the little 74GTQ I've seen 148 trap's. Mostly they are 145-146.

But I'm cheating and using the AEM...:angel:

Plus Matt's got some miles on me. I've only got 33k on the clock...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much mph do you figure one would loose from lets say, dblegle trapps of ~145, with the stock cams?

I would be more than happy with a 6spd 74gtq, on the stock longblock and cams, that could trap 135mph. On the stock ecu also, with only simple afc controls. Possible?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Ahh ok. I was only clarifying because to me stock longblock is stock cams too. People are using the stock longblock term too loosely.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It seems that people seem to hit a wall when using the stock longblock of low to mid 700WHP even with a large turbo.

ScrewDrvr said:
How much mph do you figure one would loose from lets say, dblegle trapps of ~145, with the stock cams?

I would be more than happy with a 6spd 74gtq, on the stock longblock and cams, that could trap 135mph. On the stock ecu also, with only simple afc controls. Possible?

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
silvino said:
Ahh ok. I was only clarifying because to me stock longblock is stock cams too. People are using the stock longblock term too loosely.
no its not only to you;) stock long block is everything from the valve covers to the oil pan remaining stock..

so if you got cams, you dont have a stock long block... for example..

also, i believe daveh still went in the 9's before doing the 1 cam..

jay

·
Banned
663 Posts
M Miller, how much boost to go 145 on the 74mm with 264s? That sounds like a killer setup for street & track! Also, how high do you rev it? I'm assuming VPC/GCC/GFORCE ECU?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts