Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my eclipse driving cousins is wondering what the fastest time a supra in typical street trim (93 octane, drag radials, full interior) would run. off the bottle, and singles allowed.

Q

·
0 Posts
Mods: Downpipe, EBC, HKS Super Dragger, G-Force OBDI ECU
Fuel: 93 Octane
Tires: Nitto NT-555 (Not the Drag radials)
Weather: ~90 degrees
60' - 2.19
1/4 - 12.62
MPH - 116.1

S

·
0 Posts
I know Guilly Polo ran a 10.14 on radials with no nitrous but I don't think on 93 octane.

·
666 Posts
SW did [email protected] on DOT approved E.T. Streets on bottle

Marko did a 10.0 on Nittos on bottle

Billy Cha [email protected] on DOT's not sure about N20

Albert Diaz [email protected] on DOT's not sure about N20

Henry Nguyen [email protected] on Drag Radials, T-78 and N20

Mark Cooper [email protected] On ET Streets and 10.3 on Nitto DRs with only an SP63 and built SP Tranny... Stock Long Block (Yes stock cams) and no N20

And the list goes on from there... I can't find my notes on everyones cars but these are by memory

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
MADMKIV said:
SW did [email protected] on DOT approved E.T. Streets on bottle

Marko did a 10.0 on Nittos on bottle

Billy Cha [email protected] on DOT's not sure about N20

Albert Diaz [email protected] on DOT's not sure about N20

Henry Nguyen [email protected] on Drag Radials, T-78 and N20

Mark Cooper [email protected] On ET Streets and 10.3 on Nitto DRs with only an SP63 and built SP Tranny... Stock Long Block (Yes stock cams) and no N20

And the list goes on from there... I can't find my notes on everyones cars but these are by memory
Unfortunatly none of those runs were made on pump 93

I would think that Marc C. would probably run a high 10 on pump gas as well as some other small single owners. Its just whenever they got ot eh track they go all out to see their car's ability.

·
666 Posts
Who really cares if they use 93 octane or race gas... I thought the point of boosted cars was to turn the boost down for every day driving on pump and then to turn it up on high octane when you race:rolleyes:
People don't realise that low boost can still be ~22 pounds on 93 octane...

racing fan said:

Unfortunatly none of those runs were made on pump 93

I would think that Marc C. would probably run a high 10 on pump gas as well as some other small single owners. Its just whenever they got ot eh track they go all out to see their car's ability.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I did a [email protected] on pump gas, Nitto's and stock twins.(no N2O, VPC or Fuel Control yet). Full interior with just the spare tire removed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MADMKIV said:
Who really cares if they use 93 octane or race gas... I thought the point of boosted cars was to turn the boost down for every day driving on pump and then to turn it up on high octane when you race:rolleyes:
People don't realise that low boost can still be ~22 pounds on 93 octane...
I for one care what kind of gas people are running. What's the point in having a car that's only quick at the track? :confused:

·
666 Posts
At the track these cars have 6-7-800+RWHP and on pump they have 5-600RWHP... You're going to tell me that won't be quick on the street?

Trevor said:

I for one care what kind of gas people are running. What's the point in having a car that's only quick at the track? :confused:

R

·
0 Posts
Trevor said:

I agree, I'm going for fun to drive factor along with the ability to get myself thrown out of the track on pump gas and street tires (11.99 or better)

Rob_O

·
666 Posts
Ok... well then go BPU+ or more, get tuned and learn how to drive on Drag Radials... Then you'll be there

Rob_O said:

I agree, I'm going for fun to drive factor along with the ability to get myself thrown out of the track on pump gas and street tires (11.99 or better)

Rob_O

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK, let me rephrase that MADMKIV...I never meant to imply that Supra's can't be quick on pump gas. I thought me posting Jesus' 11.2 should have conveyed that! :p He clearly owns my best time by a long shot!

To some of us (of all import makes and models) the only E.T.s that matter are those done in street form. That's why we care what gas people are running. I think the reason being is that we don't want to be just another import that can only run good times with $3.50+ gas. Domestics make fun of imports that require race gas to pull down truly impressive times. Us "true street" people don't really care too much when Joe Turbo does a 10.XX with his trailered car on Slicks/ET Streets, 116 octane, an ECU reset every run, a headlight pulled, an iced I/C & plenum, folded in mirrors, 50 psi in the front tires, no passenger seat, & holy water thrown over the car. It just doesn't amaze us...now if he drives in off the street, techs, and busts an 11.2 on 93 octane...that's absolutely bad ass! Most people (like yourself) go "well who cares, Joe Turbo did a 10.XX." Those of us that know how hard it is to do are seriously impressed. :bthumb:

Here's what drives me to keep pump fuel in the tank...domestic owners walk up all the time asking, "so what kind of gas you running?" They usually wear a shit-eating grin thinking that they've got me pegged. I then shoot the shit-eating grin right back at them, "Oh just some Conoco 93 octane from down the street..." That's when their grins turn to a "Damn!" look. STEP BACK FOOLS! LOL! :D

But we're only a select minority who think that way...most people go all out, don't care what's in the tank, and ask us why we don't put in race gas and turn up the boost. They just don't understand...but it's all good. ;)

·
NGAPINO
257 Posts
Trevor said:
To some of us (of all import makes and models) the only E.T.s that matter are those done in street form. That's why we care what gas people are running. Us "true street" people don't really care too much when Joe Turbo does a 10.XX with his trailered car on Slicks/ET Streets, 116 octane, an ECU reset every run, a headlight pulled, an iced I/C & plenum, folded in mirrors, 50 psi in the front tires, no passenger seat, & holy water thrown over the car.
Damnit! Thats my problem I FORGET to throw holy water over the car!

R

·
0 Posts
Trevor said:

Here's what drives me to keep pump fuel in the tank...domestic owners walk up all the time asking, "so what kind of gas you running?" They usually wear a shit-eating grin thinking that they've got me pegged. I then shoot the shit-eating grin right back at them, "Oh just some Conoco 93 octane from down the street..." That's when their grins turn to a "Damn!" look. STEP BACK FOOLS! LOL! :D
Heard more than once at the street races... "Yeah, I'll race ya. Lemme go get some (race) gas first"

Rob_O

·
666 Posts
I've heard that from more people on the bottle then anything...:rolleyes:

Rob_O said:

Heard more than once at the street races... "Yeah, I'll race ya. Lemme go get some (race) gas first"

Rob_O
Like I stated before...."At the track these cars have 6-7-800+RWHP and on pump they have 5-600RWHP... You're going to tell me that won't be quick on the street?"

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Trevor,
I'm going the street trim road now as well. At BPU
I've only been able to trap 118 mph so far but after
I get the cam gears set I hope to pull a little more.
The areas I am willing to bend the rules a little are
running Nitto DR's and using a modified headlight
with open high-beam. Once I get a FMIC I can locate
the intake where the stock side-mount had been and
put the stock headlight back. Rob V(Posted above) ran
[email protected] at BPU with FMIC and cam gears on 93 octane.
Even in the summer that will translate into solid 11's
at 120+ mph in street trim. Less weight would push
those numbers up but I'm not willing to give up the
comfort of stock seats, a/c, good sound system, quiet
clutch operation,etc to pick up a couple tenths/mph.
Definately more challenge this way.
Wayne

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You also have to consider the big boys are going for there best time at the track, not there best time on pump gas. Why leave the boost at 22psi when you can turn it up to 30 psi. I'm not one of the big boys and I personally have never picked up much if anything on race gas, so I always run pump gas. My max. boost is only 18 psi anyway. I'm sure if some of the guys with single's wanted to run pump gas at the track, you would see a decent number of times in the 10's. With a fuel system they could probably set the boost to about 25 psi and run over 130 mph.

·
Registered
126 Posts
WayneCar said:
Trevor,
I'm going the street trim road now as well. At BPU
I've only been able to trap 118 mph so far but after
I get the cam gears set I hope to pull a little more.
The areas I am willing to bend the rules a little are
running Nitto DR's and using a modified headlight
with open high-beam. Once I get a FMIC I can locate
the intake where the stock side-mount had been and
put the stock headlight back. Rob V(Posted above) ran
[email protected] at BPU with FMIC and cam gears on 93 octane.
Even in the summer that will translate into solid 11's
at 120+ mph in street trim. Less weight would push
those numbers up but I'm not willing to give up the
comfort of stock seats, a/c, good sound system, quiet
clutch operation,etc to pick up a couple tenths/mph.
Definately more challenge this way.
Wayne
WayneCar, do you have any pics of your VR-4?
I'd love to check some out if you don't mind.
thanks.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Pump gas 93 octane !

When i went to the track on AMOCO 93 octane, the car had 3/4 of a tank, so basically the car had almost full tank, when I ran that [email protected] it was on slipping clutch, Im sure with better 60ft and the clutch holding well it should go 10's on true 93 octane, When i tried to go higher on boost (22-23psi) on pump gas the car just slip worst so I called it a day. Im sure now with my carbon/carbon clutch installed and everything working right I can go 10's and 130-133traps on 93 octane. I guess the purpose of this thread was because most of Supra owners drive on 93 octane and that is what in most gas stations have. That pass was made on Drag Radials as well.

See in the street I race in pump gas, there is NO NEED to go up in boost and race gas, thats why pump gas power is very important if you truly daily drive your car. Just my .02 cents ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts