Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed alot of supra's running the direct port setup, however I have heard some really good times on the single nozzle setups as well(~8.6's)....Besides throwing huge shots at it, what is better?

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
The direct port set-up is used by more seasoned racers b/c it's the most effective method of assuring that you get equal distribution in each cylinder (not to mention you can run a much bigger shot). The only downside is that you have to run a min of a 125 shot. On the fogger, you can run up to 150 (I think) but you lose control of distribution, basically your NOS and fuel go the way of the air... In the end, if you're spending big bucks to build the car, just go with direct port. For the little guys that run street cars like me, a little fogger with a 50 shot works ok.
Peter

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
question, why must a DP shot be atleast a 125 shot,.. i have seen/read this befor.
Couldnt we just take the 6 jets(or whatever they are called) from a 75hp shot kit and use them?

sorry for sucha newb question...
just a small guy with a big heart.

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
peter, we're running an NOS DP setup on a 6 cyl car (3000GT) and our smallest jet is 75 hp, we are using a poly line, thats the only way NOS techs said you could go down that low, with SS braided line that would be a 90 shot.
our biggest jet is 175 :D

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
Ya, Peter the little guy. Thats why he pulls such hi hp numbers. He compensating for other things (lol J/K Peter)
I love your car Peter. One of the very few people that know what owning a Supra and playing with it is all about!

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Yea, but you're also the ONLY person in the world that has figured out how to go 8.8X's in a FULL weight car, with a puny 76GTS turbo and no NOS!!!! Shoot, Bob Helms is running the 76GTS and spraying a 125 shot of NOS on top of 38 psi and his car goes 154 mph full weight... I dunno how you do it, unless we're missing something!!! ;)
Peter

VIRTUALWORKS said:
I have ran a 8.89 with no nitrous at all.

Dana,
Virtual Works
8.89 @ 155

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody know what's the fastest someone has gone with the single stage nozzle setup? Is it Woon? Peter with a 9.67 with a 1xx hp shot(is this right)? What about with a th400?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my bad! I think I'll run the single nozzle for a while untill I get the car dialed in and then on to the direct port.

·
Registered
286 Posts
houstonT said:
Yea, but you're also the ONLY person in the world that has figured out how to go 8.8X's in a FULL weight car, with a puny 76GTS turbo and no NOS!!!! Shoot, Bob Helms is running the 76GTS and spraying a 125 shot of NOS on top of 38 psi and his car goes 154 mph full weight... I dunno how you do it, unless we're missing something!!! ;)
Peter
It's called 1.3 60's and 39+psi.......

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
^^ ohhh...is that all it's called?! I'm with Peter here...
8.89 in FULL weight is all but 1000 to the ground ...I know the TC plays a big part...but I'd like to know what we're missing too!

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
I dont think were missing anything, i also dont think dana's car is full weight(well full weight to me is 3700 plus lbs with the driver in the car) doesnt he have aftermarket struts on the front of his car,lightweight brakes all around,bogarts,ect... and if his car is cutting 1.3x 60ft then he just has the right combo of parts and set-up to get to that number...

I thought dana's making in the 9xxrwhp range?

jay

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.