Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm looking to get some new wheels soon. I am also going to get my car painted soon as well. I want to fit a 17x11 wheel under the rear.. and a 17x9-10 up front.. 315 in the rear w/ a 255 up front.. so what offset and what not do I need, will it even fit. I am going to get my car painted so need to do any boddy modding before (rolled fenders / pulled fenders or whatever).

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rajunz said:
You are NOT going to fit an 11" wheel under there without body mods.
yea I figured, but how much modding will be needed is mainly what im asking.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Lot's i have problems with my 10" Brocks... You'd be looking at at least rolling the fenders, but sure enough that won't be enough to clear em just right. I'd say cut the well widen it and put a widebody on it of some kind...

Although it is possible it's certainly not for the best... handling will suffer a great deal when it's on rims wider than 9.5/10", let alone 11". That and you really want to take care of your 355's. They're kinda expensive ;)

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
315's have been done in the rear without doing any body work or widening the fenders.
i would widen the rear fenders to be on the safe side but its been done, i made a thread about this not to long ago and a couple of people did it without widening the fenders.

i was told about a 20mm-30mm offset in rear with about 2" extended on the rear fenders would clear without any problems, is this correct?

-sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts