Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once and a while around corners my coolant light comes on. The over flow bottle is ok and when I check the rad it's full. I have no ideas. No boiling coolant, no fluctuating temp gauge or anything like that. Could it be a bit of trapped air?

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
LuMpY said:
Every once and a while around corners my coolant light comes on. The over flow bottle is ok and when I check the rad it's full. I have no ideas. No boiling coolant, no fluctuating temp gauge or anything like that. Could it be a bit of trapped air?
It sounds normal to me. What do you mean "the over flow bottle is ok"? Where is the fluid at exactly?

My conclusion so far is that the coolant in the overflow is just above the sensor level ... then you turn and the fluid tilts at an angle below the sensor.

Any other info that you could give us?

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the overflow bottle, I meant the fluid levels are where they should be when it's hot. When it's cold it's a little over the "cold full line" so I figure I have enough fluid. I guess this seems to happen more often when the car is cold too. Makes a little more sense now..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts