Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts
53, 57 Fuelie, 63 SW, 67 L-71 & L-88, 68 L-71 & L-88, 83*, 93**, 96 GS, 02 Z-06

* - there was no public 83 model, but there was a bunch of test models, only one survived. So, its pretty much one of the rarest Corvettes, aside from maybe Kerbecks first 1953 pre-production model.

** - nothing special about it to most people, but I have good memories of one growing up. Plus it was before that ugly seat and steering wheel change.

lastcall190 said:
Either the 67 split back, or the ZR-1 hands down.

67? I think your thinking of a 63 Split Window, not 67.

Me and my old man are building a ~400hp 350 for mint, low mile 78 Silver Aniversary/Indy pace car he picked up this winter....car should be done by May should be pretty neat.

Nothing too wild, but something to screw around with!

Also, no one has mentioned the original 63 Z06 "Big tank" Very cool car and damn rare!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Mr. Wob said:
93**, 96 GS, 02 Z-06

** - nothing special about it to most people, but I have good memories of one growing up. Plus it was before that ugly seat and steering wheel change.
Yeah - i always loved the Ruby Red 1993 Anniversary car...
not too pumped about the conv't with ruby top and paint, but
the 1993 anniversary car in ruby red :)
(my buddy had one in admiral blue with WHITE leather - was NICE!)

Discussion starter · #27 ·
wow

F**ker didn't even get off the line did he :)

Great pics of the flaming Vette. :D

Great Lakes Dragway... Marko ran his first 9-second ET there back in 2000. :)

Amish_Kid said:
1967 C2 with the L-88 Package 430hp stock...where in actuality it made more like 500.
:werd: I like the 69 L88 too, followed by the 2006 Z06 and the ZR-1. If you count tuner vettes, put me down for the Sledgehammer!

MKA390 said:
PWNED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:freak:

American cars are gay.

*flame suit on*
:rolleyes: Not even worth it.

For me, it would have to be one of the 2 EVER 1969 ZL-1s. There are more ZL-1 Camaros (500 maybe?) but these Corvettes with some slicks would dip into the mid 10s stock. Awesome. Or, perhaps an original Gran Sport that went toe to toe with the GT-40. Saw one of each at the Seattle hot rod show, both immaculate.

James

To drive, my favorite is a 6 sp C5. A buddy of mine used to have one, another buddy has an auto 98 w/ a 402 stroker, runs 11.14 on motor, very mild cam and converter. To me, any C5 is a world ahead of even the best C4(any 96 6 sp). I can't think of a car that is less comfortable or harder to get into than a C4, and the styling is bland.

To look at, on the other hand, any 63-67, particularly a Laguna blue 66 427/425 coupe. I used to have a 66 coupe, but way too much of a basket case. The 56-62 cars are really cool too. I used to be a big time corvette guy, dreamed about owning one when I was growing up, a couple of years ago was all set to buy a 6 sp C4, drove one and was so disappointed. Drove a C5 and loved it and started searching for one, until I drove a MKIV for the first time... I really want to drive a new C6 though.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Ex5.0 said:
I can't think of a car that is less comfortable or harder to get into than a C4.
totally agree.

man it sucks getting in and out of one - and the dash and instruments are all
VERY VERY dated (for the mid 90s cars - it still looks like an 80s car)

i DO like the collectors and the grand sport -

i REALLY like people that have made C5's look like the grand sport with blue paint, black wheels, white stripe and the little red stripes on the front fender :drool: :)

i have to agree, a C5 is a TON of fun to drive.

people that think vets aren't quick - you need to drive (even a bone stock)
C5 and you'll think "damn, this be-otch can get up!"

The C5. It's much sleeker and sexier than the C6, which is too short and stout for me. The C5 has that taut 'skin stretched over a frame' look, like the RX7 has.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.