Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be redoing all of my front lights with my upcoming paint job and I'd like to hear your recommendations for a nice bright combo. post pics of ur car if you have em. I'd like to do a solid compare and contrast. Thanks yall,
-Alden
Ps. If you remember where u got em, that'd be helpful info too.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hella h4 conversion housing for the headlights and 55w in stock fogs (polish em up if they are hazy)

·
Registered
321 Posts
5000K HID Headlights with Yellow Fog Lights

Thats what I am doing on my car :)

An amazing combo IMO

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
H4 conversion diamond cut lenses with sylvannia H4s and H3s in the stock fog light housings...

ive had MANY people complain my lights are too bright :D

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Slyvania silverstars for the sealed beams.
Either Silverstar H3 bulbs in the stock housings, or I'm going to switch out to some HID driving lights in the stock locations. (Not stock lights however.)

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Silverstar isn't only sealed beam i worked at auto zone n we sold the bulbs also. They are good bulbs but HID > *anything*

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
its all about the pepboys ricer H4 bulbs and yellow H3 fogs!!! JDM tyte!! :lol:

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
my setup! Hella 90mm Modules! seems alot of people like this setup but the price scares them away! all said and done ur looking to spend close to $1k completed with covers and all! i still havnt had a chance to get the covers made yet! :rolleyes: but it looks sick and turn LOTS of heads with them on! :cool:

comes with some excellent housings (has that cutoff point too) and great bulbs! can upgrade to HID's no prob!

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
yea nicks headlights win. i got a piggy bank to do that something like that some day

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nick, are these the headlights you have?
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

I would think you would be able to fab up something for a lot less than the $1k+ you mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong I guess it depends on whether you buy the $60 lights or the $110 ones. But with the $60 lights and some custom work, you could probably come out below the $500 mark if you're good at making stuff on your own. That's just my opinion.

Back on topic, my brother and I are planning on upgrading the lights on his car pretty soon and we're planning on going with e-code h4 housings.
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/200mm.asp
I'm pretty sure that's the right size. I have them on my S13 and compared to the stock sealed beams, which I believe are the same as on the supra, the h4s are amazing. I mean they aren't HID, but they're a lot cheaper. For fogs we aren't sure which way we're going to go yet.

Tim

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Wiisass said:
Nick, are these the headlights you have?
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

I would think you would be able to fab up something for a lot less than the $1k+ you mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong I guess it depends on whether you buy the $60 lights or the $110 ones. But with the $60 lights and some custom work, you could probably come out below the $500 mark if you're good at making stuff on your own. That's just my opinion.

Tim
yes! and i got the $$$ ones! btw... they're legal so cops cant and havnt been abel to give me crap! (got out of a ticket already cause it says "DOT legal" under them! :)

not only do u need to buy the lights but u GOTTA buy the harness' and need to do a good amoutn of custom fabbing to get them to work right! u need (recomeneded) a pivot headlight controller and the custom cover to house aroudn them (fiberglass is what i plan) is around $300! so close to $1k is abotu right if u do it like me!

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
SupraNick said:
yes! and i got the $$$ ones! btw... they're legal so cops cant and havnt been abel to give me crap! (got out of a ticket already cause it says "DOT legal" under them! :)

not only do u need to buy the lights but u GOTTA buy the harness' and need to do a good amoutn of custom fabbing to get them to work right! u need (recomeneded) a pivot headlight controller and the custom cover to house aroudn them (fiberglass is what i plan) is around $300! so close to $1k is abotu right if u do it like me!
for that much i wouldve done the NSX HID projectors... :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can definitely see where the price can add up real quick. But I'm just saying that if pressed and on a tighter budget, you could have a very similar setup for less. I mean the pivot headlight controller is nice, but not necessary, something could probably be done with the crank on the headlight motor so the highest position is set to right where you want them and they close like stock. I'm not exactly sure how that would work, but I'm sure it can be done. The cover could be done different ways as well to cut down costs. If I were to do it I would probably go with the $60 lights, but I do like the look of the city light in the high beams, but I don't know if it's worth the extra $100 to me or my brother.

But anyway, the lights look good Nick, I can't wait to see them with the completed cover.

Tim

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
IdealSupra said:
for that much i wouldve done the NSX HID projectors... :D
:werdlol:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Bosch e-code housings are great! I love them...

With the lighting setup I have on my car right now, I haven't wanted anything else, so I haven't tried anything else... but I'm sure there is some other good stuff out there, heh.

I have the Bosch E-Code housings with 90w/130w Hella bulbs (low/high). For the fogs I have 130w bulbs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have pics of your setup Jeff? Do you have good visibility on low beams? Is it too bright when you cross others car?

Thanks!

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I'll take some pics tonight when it's dark up against a wall. E-code housings are so great. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts