Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checkin out the latest Super Street mag and saw these new Fire Control Ignition Systems - Jacob Electonics. I was just wondering -
1) Are they any good?
2) Would they work on an N/A Supra
3) What would be the best ignition system you can get?
4) What all does each model of FCIS give that the previous doesnt? (Ex - FCIS 1000 // FCIS 2000 // FCIS 3000) and which would be appropriate//compatible with an N/A Supra and would be the best for it. Thanks

RoB~

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i believe thomsoncharm and oliver has the jacobs ignition... by the way, what ever happened to oliver?

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
I got the Jacobs Electronics System installed in my car. When i did the install i replaced the plugs and got new Magnecore wires and it runs much smoother and you can tell a bit of a difference. So yes they do have a system that works for the NA Supra just ask for it if you get to their web page or get a phone number. As far as the difference between the systems im really not sure.
Later

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I have the HKS Twin Power ignition. You can get a plug-n-play harness so you don't need to cut any wires (kinda nice). After installing the ignition my idle was much smoother (I run cold plugs gapped pretty narrow). I haven't had any troubles blowing out the spark running high boost and nitrous... So I'd say it is a pretty decent unit. Not sure how it would compare the the Jacobs ignition, I've read good things about those too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you think the HKS system would be easier to install?? and which is better? *for those who know* and if I could also get a price that'd help a ton thanks,

Rob~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts