Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Do you think this would be a feasible trade? I lucked into an 02 GSXR1000 but I really wanted a Busa.

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to used bike pricing so I don't know if I could find someone willing to trade for an older Busa. I would be looking for a straight trade as I don't have any spare $$ to throw at a bike right now.

My bike has a Micron pipe and has 24k on the odometer. About to replace a damaged fairing and headlight. Apart from that it runs great and just had a 25k service..

Your thoughts...?

Jonny

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
what does the Busa have that the 1000 doesnt?

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you don't like the 1000?
I do like it - faster than balls and a lot of fun to drive. But it is not the bike I wanted.

what does the Busa have that the 1000 doesnt?
Looks better to me. I don't ride twisties so handling is not something I have to deal with. More comfortable riding position.

some funky body lines

more enclosed around the engine, at the top
placement of the gauges
cool looking pass. cover
Yes.

OK - so no-one has answered my question...???

Jonny

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
to answer quest.

depends on if you could sell yours and make a couple hundred or not?

stick it in cl and see if anyone emails you and if you get someone to buy it for more than what the asking price is of the busa then you just made a profit and still got the same bike!

if you feel your getting the raw end of the deal have him throw in some parts or apperal? gloves boots stands etc.

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to answer quest.

depends on if you could sell yours and make a couple hundred or not?

stick it in cl and see if anyone emails you and if you get someone to buy it for more than what the asking price is of the busa then you just made a profit and still got the same bike!

if you feel your getting the raw end of the deal have him throw in some parts or apperal? gloves boots stands etc.
What do you think my bike is worth? And how does that relate to how much a Busa is worth - ballpark of course...

Jonny

·
Registered
603 Posts
Basically, no. Even older busas go for 6k . There is one with 50k miles on it on sh.org right now for 5500.00 .

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
6500 is a pretty low price for a busa.

You should have just man'ed up and bought my 05 with 2300 miles for 7200. Pussy.

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6500 is a pretty low price for a busa.

You should have just man'ed up and bought my 05 with 2300 miles for 7200. Pussy.
Well I had to send my testicles into my mortgage company :urowned:

I got some "special" financing so unless you finance then I couldn't have done it. :)

Now find me someone to trade my Gixxer with for a Busa!

Jonny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts