Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heres the deal. i just got sponsored by nitrous express. supposedly there sending me the nitrous kit with purge and I/C spray. my question is will this be safe for my car when im running full boost 20+ psi. hopefully i put out 450-500whp but i will shoot for more with spray. i dont know which kit there sending me but i just wanted some input. thanks

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I run 150 shot along with 29psi of boost, but that is really pushing the stock motor. If you rin a 50 shot or so it should be fine. Just be SURE to run race gas.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Ray,

Congratulations! Just remember who your #1 favorite sponsor is. :bigthumb:

Take it easy,
Kevin

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
DaveH said:
I run 150 shot along with 29psi of boost, but that is really pushing the stock motor. If you rin a 50 shot or so it should be fine. Just be SURE to run race gas.
WOW 29 PSI!! thats alot of boost, only time I've seen those numbers are on engines running meth/alcohol injection
the guys on turbobuick push 25psi and I thought that was crazy!
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well its not hard to get sponsored but its not easy either. kinda hard to understand. you just have to know the right people. but you have it wrong, sponsorships are not just free money. you have to invest a lot out of your pocket aswell most of the time.

thanks dave, and Kevin your always #1 in my heart. :hug: lol, not in that way

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Urban Customs said:
well its not hard to get sponsored but its not easy either. kinda hard to understand. you just have to know the right people. but you have it wrong, sponsorships are not just free money. you have to invest a lot out of your pocket aswell most of the time.

thanks dave, and Kevin your always #1 in my heart. :hug: lol, not in that way

I realize its not free money. And I also realize my car is not the best type for a sponsorship, as I am not a believer of the "Hey everyone stare at my car!" type of style.
I am a firm believer in getting a clean car, and doing the little things to make it look better. I'm not going to do a crazy color change(if/when i change the color, I will be getting a repaint black with blue flake in it), or add 19's or 20's, thats just not my style. I have at least 5 grand of things into my car, and closer to 7 once you consider the things waiting to be done. If you look at my car, it looks pretty clean, and you probably wouldnt realize this.

I have intake, header, exhaust and various heatshields done, AFC tucked away in a subtle location 17" wheels, clear sidemarkers and turn signals, etc. I also have a BL built tranny, intercoolr and piping, BOV flange, and V8 MAF.

I was just asking about the sponsor ship because I wanted to know if a car that looks clean but not "hey, look at me" can even be considered for a sponsorship.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
I was just asking about the sponsor ship because I wanted to know if a car that looks clean but not "hey, look at me" can even be considered for a sponsorship.
Bob,

I usually don't sponsor crazy looking show cars but Ray's is the exception, it's attention grabbing yet it's still clean. I just sponsored and IS300 that's very clean though, most of my competitors are scratching their heads at why I sponsored the car. It has all emblems shaved and it's just lowered on factory wheels. So to answer your question, yes a sponsorship on a clean car is possible but expect to be packing under the hood as this IS will soon.

Regards,
Kevin

·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, dont get me wrong bob, i never said you have to have a crazy car. mine is not crazy. its very simple if you look at it. basically all you need to do is get a nice proposal written out and just send it to the write people at the right time. the sponsorship with Kevin happened when i bought a turbo kit last year and we just came to an agreement.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Urban Customs said:
yeah, dont get me wrong bob, i never said you have to have a crazy car. mine is not crazy. its very simple if you look at it. basically all you need to do is get a nice proposal written out and just send it to the write people at the right time. the sponsorship with Kevin happened when i bought a turbo kit last year and we just came to an agreement.
Nice, I hope it didnt seem like I'm being rude either. Your car is incredible looking and it is clean, but to me it does have that "hey look at me" aura about it. Things like the cocoa paint job and you have lambo style doors too right? They look hot, I'd just never do it to my own.

Good luck with the car, just be careful with the nitrous. I don't hear about you becoming a member of the blown motor club

1 - 11 of 11 Posts