Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know where 2 of the bolts are that i cant get my question is how the hell do i get them? Theres 1 by the middle of the fender its a support bracket cant get your hand in there to turn a ratchet much less anything else so how the hell do you get [email protected][email protected]$ Theres also 1 that holds the header panel in too the fender but i dunno how to get that either does anybody have a write up on how the whole front of the car comes apart? fenders bumper and header panel.


ARGHFUCKSHITBITCH, Barry
 

·
going broke fast
Joined
·
2,401 Posts
if you have the plastic inner fender off it is easy.there is two that hold the facia to the fender,not one
 

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill go take pics of it because i got the 2 down by the headlight

how the hell does the plastic come off ive taken about 25 bolts out of it and it still wont budge.
 

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres the pics




first pic is the brace about half way down the fender second pic is a nut thats on the front of the fender connected to the header panel and i cant get either of them.
 

·
SLAMPIGS R US....BJBBQFTW
Joined
·
189 Posts
madd easy my dood....1/4 inch rachet with a deep socket and long extension with a swivel at the socket...
 

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SlpyEyedSpoolin said:
madd easy my dood....1/4 inch rachet with a deep socket and long extension with a swivel at the socket...
ill try it but i suck at using swivels i hate them with a passion i dunno why i suck so bad at using them :lol:


anybody got ideas for the bracket bolt?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
I'd say take off the plastic inner fender and get it from the bottom. My 2 cents
 

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DrivingInStyle said:
I'd say take off the plastic inner fender and get it from the bottom. My 2 cents
i took every bolt i can see out of it i dunno why its still on the car ive pulled pryed yanked kicked it wont come off.

I guess ill get a good nights sleep and attack it tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
did u remove the mud flaps?
 

·
I<3 Dashboard Waterfall
Joined
·
386 Posts
the first time i tried to take off a supra fender it took me about 2 hours. every other time has taken me about 20 minutes. if you dont have the plastic inner fender off then it reeeeally needs to come off. like someone else said you just need a long extension for the one on the header panel. should be able to snake your arm around and get a ratchet on the first one. HTH Barry.
-Charles
 

·
CT12 Destroyer
Joined
·
2,992 Posts
First : put your car in the air, pop the tire off, take the inner splash guard out.
Second : Pop off your mudflap, 2 bolts underneath 10mm, on the inside , comes out with splash guard IIRC.
Thrid : Take off the frame to fender brace, 10mm.
Fourth: Take off the bolts along the top in the engine bay 10mm, one behind the door, use a 10mm wrench.
And lastly Fifth: Take a long ass extension and a deep 10mm socket and take off the two that hold the nose peice to the fender, Unbolt the bumper, aswell as pop off the trim and the fender is off.
 

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Supra Junky 101 said:
First : put your car in the air, pop the tire off, take the inner splash guard out.
Second : Pop off your mudflap, 2 bolts underneath 10mm, on the inside , comes out with splash guard IIRC.
Thrid : Take off the frame to fender brace, 10mm.
Fourth: Take off the bolts along the top in the engine bay 10mm, one behind the door, use a 10mm wrench.
And lastly Fifth: Take a long ass extension and a deep 10mm socket and take off the two that hold the nose peice to the fender, Unbolt the bumper, aswell as pop off the trim and the fender is off.
thanks man does the tire HAVE to be off or can i work around it? i ask this because i dont have a good enough impact to get them off and no breaker bar or anything im pretty limited on tools.
 

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
Joined
·
9,352 Posts
If your wheels are on tight enough that you need an impact or breaker bar to get them off, they're on WAY too tight. 76ft-lbs is NOT that much torque, and it's what they should be at.

I would think you'd want the wheel off.
 

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff Lange said:
If your wheels are on tight enough that you need an impact or breaker bar to get them off, they're on WAY too tight. 76ft-lbs is NOT that much torque, and it's what they should be at.

I would think you'd want the wheel off.
yea they are like rusted on lol car sat outside for 2 years in florida rain and hurricanes they are rusted on pretty soild ive sprayed about a gallon of pb blaster on them but still nothin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
wow... i've come to some pretty grim points in my supra-life, but when it's not an option to take off my wheel.. thats when i know it's over :p

buy new lugbolts for your hub, get that wheel off, replace the broken lugbolts and then continue
 

·
Needs More 1jz
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont need to i got it off anyways that supra is evil i bought it in the dark durring a thunder storm its always been evil and it fights me everything i do but i win this time BWHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!





buncha nasty shit fell out of my mudflap/whatever the hell it is. but i got it off so im happy now time to watch the indy 500 :)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top