Supra Forums banner

241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Cutting if done right by a knowledgeable individual or body shop is a better alternative to rolling just my opinion.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Which alternative do you prefer?
When trying to free up about half an inch of clearance without altering and distorting outer sheetmetal and not getting into painting , I prefer cutting,because (let me repeat for 100th time as dozens pictures and posts seem not to help) rolling the fenders distorts the outer edge,no matter how good or experienced you are,or how much heat you apply. .But in case if more room needed or you want to get the car painted at the same time, I would roll,pull,flare,hammer etc.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
I was always under the impression cutting severely compromises the fenders rigidity
Rolled fender opposed to cut fender is not going to save your life.Unlike many other makes and models, MKIV's quarter panels are put together very well with adhesive and foam where outer wheelhouse mates with outer quarter panel skin. I've personally cut quarter panels on many Supras, some with big stereo systems and outer skin never separated. I've cut them on my own daily Supra, it's been about 6 years, no signs of failure.

pics are good and i am loving the show .. but need to get some apt advices upon how to go good in fenders as running low in the knowledge
Mind putting that in words so we all can understand what you are trying to say?
Cutting if done right by a knowledgeable individual or body shop is a better alternative to rolling just my opinion.
Correct!

i am not getting the reasons behind putting the fenders as it does nothing except spoiling the shape .. it may look different for some one else but at least to me it is the same rubbish thing
Please read my previous reply to your post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
does anyone have pictures of a rolled or pulled front fender?

I am trying to fit a 19x10 +43 (with 265/35) up front. (wheel ssr sp1)
it is possible or not ??

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,557 Posts
You should be able to fit that up front with a roll, no pull required.

(source: I ran a 18x9 +31 up front with a very mild roll for a long time without issues, which you can see in my sig. Your fitment has just about the same outer clearance as mine).

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,557 Posts
thanks troll ;)
I should add here that I can't speak for your inner clearance, only the outer clearance. Sorry I didn't clarify that before... probably not an issue at your width but worth mentioning.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So after being stuck on what wheels to get and seeing every rim I like is at least 700+ a wheel, I decided to just add spacers cut fenders and widen stock wheels. Widening will be the last step cause I'm either looking for someone to sell me there wheels already widened or a shop that's a lil closer then weldcraft. So cutting, what type of disk do most recommend on the grinder? I'm not gonna cut the line through it I'm just gonna grind down lil by lil till there's only about an 1/8th if an inch left. That should be plenty for me. Btw this will be with a 25mm spacer out back like biologist RR supra.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello, I'll take the 19x12 ET 42 with tires 325.30.19, do you think this is possible?
how can we extend the rear wings?
you have pictures?

241 - 260 of 277 Posts
About this Discussion
276 Replies
141 Participants
1LSWON
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing