Supra Forums banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I always thought it would be cool but expensive to take the stock rims and re barel them with a wider lip. It would update the rims a bit without changing the look that much.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
2 Posts
will these Koenigs fit my MK4? sorry new to this, just got my car 3days ago...

Koenig 18x10.5 et 28 and 18x12 et -(16) 5x114

·
GE with boltons ;)
894 Posts
^^^^^

No way in hell.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
will these Koenigs fit my MK4? sorry new to this, just got my car 3days ago...

Koenig 18x10.5 et 28 and 18x12 et -(16) 5x114...
Not without a widebody or some wide overfenders. A typical "Supra fitment" would be 18X10" fronts with offset in the upper +40's to low +50's; and 18X11.5" rears close to +50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks guys! bummer... its being sold pretty cheap.. i currently have blitz on but i feel they arent wide enough...

·
Registered
13 Posts
My rear arches have already had the lips rolled for my old wheels but I now need to flare them to increase clearance for my new wheels.
Rear are 19x11J ET35 305 tyre..

Local bodyshop said they can't flare them as they are too tough/strong being 4 layers of metal thick now.

Were they talking rubbish? I've got an arch roller tool so tempted to just have a go myself and take it slowly.

Also, fronts are 19x9.5J ET20 with a 255 tyre also, I went for ET20 as got a set of Ridox front arches to go on, but anyone know if the wheels will fit?

IMG-20161008-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20161008-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20161008-WA0005.jpg

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,911 Posts
My rear arches have already had the lips rolled for my old wheels but I now need to flare them to increase clearance for my new wheels.
Rear are 19x11J ET35 305 tyre..

Local bodyshop said they can't flare them as they are too tough/strong being 4 layers of metal thick now.

Were they talking rubbish? I've got an arch roller tool so tempted to just have a go myself and take it slowly.

Also, fronts are 19x9.5J ET20 with a 255 tyre also, I went for ET20 as got a set of Ridox front arches to go on, but anyone know if the wheels will fit?

View attachment 189194

View attachment 189202

View attachment 189210
Your rear tire is so tall that there is a very good chance they will rub. Three choices; run a narrower tire to match the stretch of the front tire, pull your rear fenders slightly or adjust your rear camber more negative.

R.K.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your rear tire is so tall that there is a very good chance they will rub. Three choices; run a narrower tire to match the stretch of the front tire, pull your rear fenders slightly or adjust your rear camber more negative.

R.K.
My plan is to flare the rear arch, which I guess is the same as "pull the rear fenders". Is it the same arch/fender rolling tool as used for rolling the lip or is a "pull" done in a different way?

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,911 Posts
My plan is to flare the rear arch, which I guess is the same as "pull the rear fenders". Is it the same arch/fender rolling tool as used for rolling the lip or is a "pull" done in a different way?
You can use the same tool to roll and pull your fender.

R.K.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey guys please help me out. The pictures have expired/no longer exist that show fender cutting that leaves the welds. Since the pictures are gone I'm not sure if they cut up to the welds or possible cut the welds in half to gain a little more space. So, if you posted pictures of your cut fenders please repost if possible. Thanks.

261 - 277 of 277 Posts
About this Discussion
276 Replies
141 Participants
1LSWON
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing