Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall a thread but search has not revealed anything...

Can anyone recommend a custom wheeel or body shop that does fender rolling in and around the Columbia/Ellicott City area. Before I go and try this myself, I'd like to see if someone with more experience does this in this area.

TIA,
Eric

·
JetFire
5,382 Posts
check www.ma-motorsports.com in baltimore they are on harford road. They did the rears on my SC I'm heading out there to get my fronts done next week.

·
Madison Motorsports
389 Posts
Just do it yourself, its not hard at all. Just pick up one of these and the job practically does itself.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
thats a bit much for buying the tool and rolling the fenders...damn

·
Supra Hero In Training
265 Posts
Alex D said:
I regret having my fenders rolled. If i could do it all over again, i would have the fenders cut. I will be trimming them when the car goes under its next phase of surgery....
why do you regret it?

I made a post about a year ago asking where to get it done and people said you could do it with a baseball bat and shit but there was no chance i was gonna do it myself with a bat and destroy my car.. I hear there used to be places that would rent out the rolling machine maybe there’s one around you.. Somebody mentioned there might be a meet where everyone would do theres at once. Anyways I'd like to know a ballpark price for how much it cost to get just the backs done..

·
Registered
591 Posts
I had that eastwood tool and thought I was going to faint using it on my supra. Major distortion of the quarter panel, not to mention using a heat gun, you have to apply way to much pressure to get the lips to move, these supras are made of some good metal. In fear of destroying my quarters, I cut with a 25000 rpm cut off wheel,sanded,primed with zinc spray,seam sealed,and painted over the cut. I agree with Alex on the cutting, just my 2 cents.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've gone back and forth on this but in the end I just cannot bring myself to start cutting into it.

I talked to HP racing in Glen Burnie. They have experience in it and quoted me $125 for the both sides

I am a bit sick of my garage being filled with single use tools.

·
Supra Hero In Training
265 Posts
Eric95TT said:
i've gone back and forth on this but in the end I just cannot bring myself to start cutting into it.

I talked to HP racing in Glen Burnie. They have experience in it and quoted me $125 for the both sides

I am a bit sick of my garage being filled with single use tools.
125 seems like a great price getting it professionally done.. thanks i'll have to call them if i ever find rims

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just got back with my CCW Classics (315's rear, 285's upfront) mounted. HPR Customs in Glen Burnie did a great job rolling them. No problems with the paint, they look great and they charged me $50 a side to do it. of course now it looks like with stock suspension you do not even need to roll/cut fenders. oh well. When I get around to the suspension, I'm sure I'll be glad I had them done. Considering rollyourfenders.com would have charged me $80 with shipping, and I would have probably fu**ed things up, this was really worth it

You know, CCW's look great in pictures but in person they are unbelievable. Even my wife, who hates my car and the time I devote to it, admits they are "sexy"

Plus I got 2 offers to buy my car, which is always flattering

·
JetFire
5,382 Posts
sngledsupe said:
HP Racing, HA, that place is for ricers and all the ritchie highway racers to go to n buy their fart canisters!
Doesn't matter if they did a good job then does it :gtfo:

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Man you guys are too funny! :lol: :rofl:

I just had my brother cut mine with a Dewalt Reciprocating Saw, after he cut both sides...I filed em down, primered em and undercoated them.

After I saw Alex's i'm pretty happy I didn't rollem', but everyone has different experiences!

vnt :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Altezza576 said:
I guess I have to snap pics for you guys ;) Im not talkin about a louisville slugger job either

post some pics, debating this aswell whether to cut or roll..I hear cutting weakens the fenders alot, but rolling run the risk of kinking the fender.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Alex D said:
If you trim just alittle on the fender lip and not do a full cut, it will not weaken the fender much at all. A full cut will weaken the fender but you can use a body panel adhesive to seal off where you cut and that will help it maintain rigidity as well as prevent any rusting.
I still have my spot welds, some were cut in half but they are still there.

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
FASTEDDIE,

I'm considering a CCW 505a 19x9.5-10/19x11 purchase. Based on your comments in this thread, I assume your wheels required fender modifications. CCW has said that they would not require any modifcation. Is this true? My car was recently painted so I'm hesitant to do any fender work. I may go the 18" 505a route or perhaps go with a more traditional Blitz Type 03 setup that I know will work without modification.

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
I believe its the amount of drop that may require the fender rolling on the CCW's

IF running stock height my assumption is that it is not needed.

·
MKI"V" for Vendetta
803 Posts
blktiger12,

I'm running stock suspension currently, but the transition to 19's would probably require a drop of 1" or more for everything to look "right" and not lifted.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts