Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some wheels and I put them on. I’ve been seeing scratch marks on the sidewall so naturally I kind of hammered the inner fender a little but I’m pretty sure that did nothing. I need help figuring this out. It majorly affects the passenger rear tire and minorly affect the driver rear tire. They are on eibach springs but I don’t know if they are lowering. Seems pretty low. The rears are 18x9.5 with 235/45.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What's the offset on your wheels?
If it's a low offset and pokes out a bit, the tires will rub the fenders, and that tire is on the tall side so might also cause some rubbing.
There's a "Wheel Fitment Database" discussion in the MKIII Technical forum that you can check out and see what other folks are running.

FWIW; My Mk3 has 18x9 ET+32 square setup and running 265/35/18's in the rear and have plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the offset on your wheels?
If it's a low offset and pokes out a bit, the tires will rub the fenders, and that tire is on the tall side so might also cause some rubbing.
There's a "Wheel Fitment Database" discussion in the MKIII Technical forum that you can check out and see what other folks are running.

FWIW; My Mk3 has 18x9 ET+32 square setup and running 265/35/18's in the rear and have plenty of clearance.
The offset is +35 im pretty sure so its not too different from yours

·
Registered
747 Posts
Wrong wheels yo. Wrong offset maybe, too f big maybe. 18x9.5 CAN clear I think an unmodified, unlowered vehicle with the correct offset - I think.
Eibach's are definitely lowering springs, yep.
Your shocks could be fucked too making it sag a bit extra. Check that wheel database and your offset.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can you post a photo?
I'm almost certain a +35 offset will be good to go.

I agree with this one having had a worn strut that made my tires hit inner fenderwell when hitting a bump or going thru a dip on the road.
@OldBonus did a much better, cleaner way of getting my point across. I am terse and I'm sorry.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Can you post a photo?
I'm almost certain a +35 offset will be good to go.

I agree with this one having had a worn strut that made my tires hit inner fenderwell when hitting a bump or going thru a dip on the road.
I’m so stupid. Smh I didn’t even consider the possibility of a worn strut. Thanks guys. I’ll be going back to my stock wheels that have dry rotten tires for now. The car is on a hill in the pic so it might be a different height when on a flat surface. Sorry about that. Not home but if you want pics of how much it pokes out let me know.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd be interested to see a photo showing how much poke you have.

Here's what my 18x9 ET+32 with 265/35/18's in the rears look like; lowered but no rubbing and not really showing any poke IMO. That's why I'm thinking your 18x9.5 ET+35 should be fine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hmm, I didn't think a +35 would poke like that - no spacers right?
The fitment doesn't look bad to me; although as mentioned previously, the worn struts (and tall tires) might be the main causes of your tire rub.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, I didn't think a +35 would poke like that - no spacers right?
The fitment doesn't look bad to me; although as mentioned previously, the worn struts (and tall tires) might be the main causes of your tire rub.
Nope no spacers. I don’t think I will ever use spacers because I heard they are dangerous. Yep, I am thinking about getting tein flex z coilovers if I replace struts.

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
I think the wheel offset is not +35. It looks more like +25. I have 18 x 8.5 +38 up front and 18 x 9.5 +38 out back. Tires are 245/40/18s in front and 285/35/18s in the rear. No cutting or trimming, although I had to raise the front slightly to ensure the front tires did not "catch" the front inner lip on very challenging "V" shaped driveways. I'll post some relevant pics as soon as I find them.

Ken.

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts