Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between this and a modena ?

It is a two-door coupe and is essentially the 360 Modena from the outside, though its aerodynamics have been reworked slightly. The main differences are a stripped-out aluminum chassis (causing a significantly lighter vehicle), an upgraded 3.6-liter V8 engine, improved suspension and brakes, larger 19-inch wheels and tires, a Formula One-style sequential gearshift, and extensive use of Carbon fiber components.

It was officially introduced in March of 2003 at the Geneva International Motor Show and went into production shortly thereafter.

- Curb weight: 1180 kg (2601 lb)
- Maximum power: 317 kW (425 bhp) at 8500 rpm
- 1/4 mile : 12.1 s
- Top Speed : 300 km/h (186 mph)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm seeing 2 different weights, US sites claim 2822 lbs the Euro 2601 lbs ?!

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Perfection.... :drool:
Seriously. That is still the only 360 I've ever liked. It's such a badass car. I can't wait to see the 430CS.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice little "race-car for the street". Really fun cars to drive.

Seriously. That is still the only 360 I've ever liked. It's such a badass car. I can't wait to see the 430CS.
Agreed. Although the 360CS is more of a stripped 'purist' track car than the 430, the stock 430, while being heavier, is such an improvement over the 360. I can't wait for the 430CS either!

·
Banned
794 Posts
Their was massive debate and peopel actually sued Ferrari as the car was really no lighter or faster than a regular 360.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I have a peice of one of the challenge strade's door panels sitting right next to me. some guy brought one into my friends sterio shop cause he wanted a system put in it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I agree. but the guy had more money then sence. he bought the car on a whim and paid for it out of his check book.

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
So its all show and no go? I would have a tough time spending that kind of money, with such high maintenance cost, and to know all the much cheaper american sports cars would leave me a few bus lengths behind. Its still a thing of beauty though. :)

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
As fifth gear put it, "It's only for the purest of Ferrari lovers. You won't notice it in everyday driving, but when you push it you can feel the slight differences." (Roughly quoted)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts